Thursday 2 October 2014

Woo Hoo It’s in the Stars! Bright & Beautiful Square Double Display Card

Stars, Bright & Beautiful, Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, 2014_08 057
Really quick share today of one of my Star cards… there are plenty more stars to come!!
This is a Square Double Display card I devised a few weeks back – I now have 3 versions (and 6/7 cards made already using the same concept!)  though this one plainly decorated 4” square one is by far the simplest & quickest…. loving this card format!
And before I go…. don’t forget the fab Stamp Stock & Save Promotion etc …only 4 days to go now…. 15% off Whisper White cardstock and Crumb Cake inkpads used here….
Here is a view of the card closed ….
 Stars, Bright & Beautiful, Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, 2014_08 060
And a quick story of behind the scenes!
As you know our team have a Weekly Challenge, set by the lovely Julie Wade – who tirelessly and enthusiastically sets us a colour or theme challenge every Monday… along with a few projects to further inspire us… Well bad news came late on Friday night… Julie is on crutches for a few weeks.. and crafting isn’t going to be so easy for her…. so I offered to set this weeks challenge…
But I had a really busy weekend – so I wasn’t going to get to make any projects before I set the challenge early Monday morning. So I dashed into my dining room ( where I hold my classes & have my displays) and looked around the room…. and it hit me…the theme had to be stars…..
Not only did I have a lot of cards involving stars that I hadn’t yet had chance to share …. as well as A Must Make list with 3 star shaped projects on… but Stampin’ Up have a lot of different products that are star shaped – or include stars  - be it stamps, dies, punches, embossing folders, masks or embellishments….. And so our challenge theme this week is Stars… and here was the challenge image….. though there are lots more stamp sets with small stars in and I have found even more star embellishments since I took the photo….!
Stars WWWU Challenge, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa
And I have to add that there have been some great projects shared this week so I now have even more projects on Must Make List… think that List needs a very serious review…. Also that Julie has managed a crafty make for the challenge…which I hope is a sign that things are improving quicker than she initially thought…. may those crutches be gone quickly Julie!
And I have to laugh at myself… once the theme was in my head on Friday night. I couldn’t stop singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, followed by All Things Bright & Beautiful…and finishing up with Stars are all around me (to the tune of Love is All around me…) No idea why that last one came in!!
OK I will be back soon…more stars …more Double Display Cards to share….

1 comment:

Terstamper said...

What an amazing folded card! I can't wait for the tutorial.

Ter ;)