Monday 16 October 2017

Year of Cheer Birthday Flowers with Stampin Blends...

Today's make is a combination of a colour challenge and a few ideas picked up along the way that I wanted to try out...

First up... a Team Color Challenge ... featuring the 2017-19 In Color, Berry Burst...

Oh ... and a mess up on my behalf that I have just realised...as I thought the green to be used was Garden Green!! Oops... please pretend I have used Old Olive... would have been nicer too!

Second up... Year of Cheer snowflake flowers in more typically floral colours... click here for more details on the flowers... Berry Burst sponged all over one of the Pansy Punch flowers...

Third up... the delivery of my new (coming soon!) Stampin Blends alcohol markers... so outlining and colouring with my Bermuda Bay dark & light markers rather than carrying on sponging... I wasn't sure that it would work over the foil detail... but it does! The foil still shines through... And no inky fingers...
And a Clear Faceted Gem quickly coloured using the brush tip end of the dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin Blend for one of the flower centres... just because I could! Though personally I prefer a clear one!
Fourth up... two step Painted Harvest stamped & Leaf Punch punched leaves given dimension with a quick score along the centre using my trusty Bone Folder and thick Stampin Pierce mat... really makes those leaves pop into life...

And Fifth up... oh that can wait till tomorrow!! Though the eagle eyed amongst you have probably already spotted it!
Set off around a silver embossed Big on Birthdays greeting to match the foiling on the snowflake flowers...


No comments: