Tuesday 17 October 2017

Year of Cheer Snowflake Flowers & Stampin Blends Part 2

Following on from yesterday's post with the details... another quick tip for the Stampin Blends (coming soon!) for you...

Want a coloured Foil mat in a colour of your choice? Well now you can... just colour the edge of your Silver Foil mat using your Stampin Blend marker... in my case, dark Bermuda Bay to co-ordinate with my flowers (on yesterday's card!)
Though I will be honest and say that it works well for a thin mat such as used here... but I wouldn't use this technique for a larger area and it goes quite streaky when you have to go over the same area multiple times...

You will also notice that I have a few mats from my one Silver Foil mat. This is one thing I am always frugal with... just line up at 1 cm (or 3/8") on your Stampin Trimmer and cut from 1 cm at the top to 1cm from the bottom, Turn 90 degrees and repeat... and so on until you have cut out a rectangle from the centre. The larger is on today's card whereas the middle one was used on yesterdays...
And another silver embossed Big on Birthdays greeting to set everything off...

No comments: