Monday, 7 June 2010

Spa Workout - Playing with Inks and Brayers

Just a quick posting of the projects we will be working on this week.  I have never been a inky/messing kind of girl.... but I have really enjoyed doing these 4 projects. And I now wouldn't be without my brayer - or my daubers!! I can't believe that I had the finger daubers for 4 years... tried but not really used... and then something clicked.... and now I can't stop using them - so thank goodness Stampin' Up! sells them in packs of a dozen.......

Firstly, a card that I have CASEd from fellow  Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Jo Dumbleton 
Jo's cards are linked here .http://stampin-n-stuff.blogspot.com/2010/02/brayered-pocket-silhouettes.html   This has to be my all time favourite brayering sample... so I couldn't ignore it when asked to do a brayering class. I just simplified the base and used the 1/2" circle punch to round the edges. So thank you Jo...... a gorgeous card!

The second project uses the Baby Wipe technique to make a custom ink pad. This was then used to ink up the pheasant from the Autumn Days set - I guess I would get about 25 images from this ink pad... saves a lot of time colouring individually with markers.......

The Field of Corn panel was created using the Emboss Resist Technique and applying Soft Suede ink over the top with an applicator. I then overstamped the corn in Soft Suede ink over the moon and the long grass in Elegant Eggplant. DSP from the Sunny Days kit - and some of the beautiful new Soft Suede polka dot ribbon.


And then we have the Background Stamped & Brayered Emboss Resist Technique ( I think I have probably just made up that name!) But I just loved making this card.
 Quick resume... ink up & stamp French Script background; ink up & stamp Baroque in Versamark over the top & add clear embossing powder, heat. Then brayer over the gorgeous new Rich Razzleberry ink & wipe off with a cloth to reveal the Script background within the Baroque shape. Add the Elegant Thank You greeting punched out as a 1 3/4" circle and the Vintage Vogue flower...... 

This is the taken to another level by also stamping Melon Mambo flowers & Old Olive leaves from the Vintage Vogue set over the French Script background before applying the emboss resist Baroque image over the top.


And lastly a simple treat bag with a Trendy Tree on the hills with a sun..... but this one was daubed and not brayered... which still works for me....

And now I need to rush off.... my son needs picking up from school an hour earlier than planned..... so I have to be off!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I'm more than happy for you to CASE the card and what a fantastic job you've done too! All your cards are fabulous and good luck with the class.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda these are amazing ! I especially love the baroque one.

    Might have to get you to show me when i get back from my hols and actually manage to make it to another class !

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW: Loving your use of the brayer and sponge daubers for these cards :) Especially like the French Script/Baroque one, just great!

    Have a good weekend,

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...