As I said before this is my way of saying A BIG THANK YOU to all of you that regularly follow my blog, who comment and who re-share/pin my projects. Nearly 600 of you following at the last count!!! WOW – that is amazing – you would laugh at how excited I was all those years ago when I first hit 20 followers!!! So THANK YOU EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU… you honour me with your time… particularly when you comment as that always makes my day!
Again I have to thank & credit Paola Levi in South Africa as I was inspired by a Double Display cut & score card she made back in 2011 and whose template I have used a few times …. as first shown here back in 2012 …. Edited to Add: As I have travelled around Pinterest - I have subsequently found a previous 2009 version with instructions of the main back part of the card - so I feel that the originating credit should be attributed to Susan Bluerobot. Thank you Susan for a fantastic cut & score card.... so glad I have found you...
I just added an extra square front to the card (as I do so like my square cards!!) - which has already earnt this card the nickname of The Card With More Frontage!!!
And as also promised …..here is another example of a Large Square Double Display card ….
I purposefully didn’t add any extra decoration to the front this time as it was for a man! Happy Birthday again Steve… And I am delighted to report that Steve REALLY loved this card!!! He was well WOWED…. So I am definitely making a few more of these… need to do some today actually!
So here is the Imperial Tutorial…..
|RECIPE||Main Card CS Pear Pizzazz ||Mats CS Lost Lagoon ||Decoration DSP ||CS Whisper White|
|Main Card||12” x 6”||X||X||X|
|Card Front||6” Square||4 ¼” Square||4” Square||X|
|Card Back||X||3 ¾” Square||X||3 ½” Square|
|Inner Centre||X||3 ¾” Square||3 ½” Square||X|
|Inner Sides||X||1 ¾” x 3 ¾” (x2)||1 ½”x 3 ½” (x2)||X|
|Inner Top & Bottom||X||1 ¾” x ¾” (x6)||1 ½” x ½” (x6)||X|
In pictorials, Red = Cut Line; Blue = Score Line Main Card
(1) Line up large Pear Pizzazz panel PORTRAIT at 1” on Top Bar
(2) Cut from 1” to 5”
(3) LIFT THE CUTTING BLADE...
(4) Cut from 7” to 11”
(5) Flip 180 degrees
(6) Repeat (1-4) for the other side
(7) Line up LANDSCAPE at 1” on Top Bar
(8) Score from outside edge to cut line at top & bottom (ie score from O to 1”, LIFT BLADE..., then score from 5” to 6”)
(9) Repeat (7-8) lined up at 5”, 7” & 11” on the Top Bar
(10) Line up LANDSCAPE at 2” on Top Bar
(11) Score across the whole card (ie 0 to 6”)
(12) Repeat (10-11) lined up at 4”, 8” & 10” on the Top Bar
(13) Crease score lines by hand LIGHTLY.... starting at one side of the card...
Inside Sections – Mountain then Valley folds
Outer Sections – Mountain, Valley, Mountain, Valley folds
(14) Bone Fold. TIP – an extra “crease” will now magically appear in the centre of the top & bottom outer sections – do not worry, you will be covering these! But don’t further crease or bone-fold it!!!
(15) Repeat (13-14) from the other side
Card Front Decoration
(1) * Cut 6” Square Pear Pizzazz panel in half to 3” (x2)
*This step is not necessary with a guillotine cutter, but most Trimmers will not cut through 3 layers! If your cutter will go through the 3 layers then adhere all 3 parts & cut the whole panel in half (ie at 3”)
(2) Adhere DSP to larger square Lost Lagoon Card Mat
(3) Cut DSP/Mat panel in half (ie at 2 1/8” )
(4) Adhere parts (1) & (3) together to form 2 Card Front Sections
(5) Adhere Card Front Sections to front LH & RH sections of Main Card – one at a time lining everything up nicely as you go! TIP – put glue on front sections of Main Card NOT the back of the Card Front Sections!!! Or you will have glue where you don’t want it!!!
I would recommend Tombow – I have only used Sticky Strip so you can see where to put the glue in the photo!
Inner Card Decoration The rest is just gluing & sticking! And stamping &decorating as you desire.....
So there you have it…. I would love to see your makes if you use this…so please remember to link back here…. or send me an email with a photo!!
Stampin᾿ Up! Supplies