Tuesday, 25 February 2014

WWWU #4 Card–Ampersand Embossing Folder

2012_02_Ampersand_WWWU #4, Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa 009

Quick share today. This is a card I made for our weekly team colour challenge. Thanks again to Julie Wade for yet another fantastic colour combination. This time it is Smoky Slate, Basic Grey, Pistachio Pudding & Rose Red.

There are quite a few new embossing folders in the Stampin’ Up! Spring Summer catalogue – and the Ampersand one just struck a chord with me. I imagined lots of cards with Mr & Mrs… and You & Me… and then I came to use it…. and Hello & Thank You just popped into my head – for reasons that the recipient will understand in due course – as it is now in the post on its way to a very special & clever person!!!

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, WWWU 009

The first card is a stepped up version of the first very clean & simple one shown below ( yes very CAS … even for me!!)

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, WWWU 002

I used the new Texture Boutique machine (aka Baby Big Shot!) for the embossing. It was its first outing…. and I was very impressed with this baby for what it costs ….though I did add an extra plastic shim as I am used to the deep embossing that the Big Shot gives us….

SU! Supplies Used

Stamps – Four You; Petite Petals

Punches – Petite Petals

Embossing – Ampersand EF; Texture Boutique

Inks & Card - Smoky Slate, Basic Grey, Pistachio Pudding & Rose Red.

3 comments:

  1. Think I said before Amanda but it doesn't hurt to say it again they are gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize that after convincing myself that I wouldn't have a clue what to do with this folder I now will have to order it immediately!!
    You have a lot to answer for madam!!
    Luvc
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and thank YOU !!! It is stunning and I'm so lucky to receive it. I was touched by your kind words 😊 really appreciate you sending it to me x

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...