Thursday 14 April 2011

Easter Bunny Punch Art Box - or the Owl & Ornament Punch meet the Easter Bunny!!

I have finally finished the Easter Bunny Box I have been talking about in classes for weeks!! So guess what you will be making next week in our first Big Shot Workout class!!  It fits LOADS of chocolate in!!!

This project is an amalgam of many inspirations I have picked up whilst blog hopping over the last 2 years with a few little additions of my own.......

So where shall I start..... OK at the top - so the head......  the main head part is punched using the Ornament punch; the eyes , nose and teeth using the Owl Punch ( yes the goofy bunny teeth are the waistcoat part!! I just couldn't resist.....) and the cheeks using the 3/4" Circle punch.. And finally the floppy ears using the Large and Small Oval punches.

The box is made using 4 Scallop Envelopes cut using the Scallop Envelope Die. You can see the tutorial by the very talented Jane at Whoopsie Daisy to make this box here. Scallop-Envelope-bigz-die-box.  I have added the 2 largest circles from the Circles #2 die as the body and the back of the head. The front of the box is stamped using the Easter Wishes stamp from the new free Level 2 hostess set Something to Celebrate in the mini catalogue.

And the feet are the Wide Oval punch with a small Pink Pirouette oval and the smaller circles again from the Owl punch.

And I will finish this post with links to the inspirations I have picked up from blogland. These ladies are also so talented - and well worthwhile taking a bit of time off to visit & investigate their blogs.....Firstly the idea of an Easter Bunny box using the Scallop Envelope Box - I first saw this on Sandi MacIver's blog last year ( here little-bunny-box ) and have been itching to make my own ever since!! And the Ornament punch head shape, cheek structure and the start of some floppy ears are inspired by Mercedes Weber ( here Hop-Inspired-Bunny ) - I just took the floppy bit of the ears a bit further.....

1 comment:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda! This is just the cutest bunny box I have ever laid my eyes on! I will have to give this a try for my two boys... they will love it! Thank you for linking back to me. I really appreciate it. SO glad that my simple box inspired you to make this beautiful creation. Well done!!

Hugs,
Jane