Friday, 22 April 2011

BIg Shot Workout - Chupa Chup Daisy & Watering Can

Just when you all thought my immaturity was over with the Easter Bunny box..... I just had to make a lollipop daisy!!! 

We made Lollipop flowers with oval punches last  year at Bev's workshop and I also made lots for my son's birthday party last year for a treasure hunt in the woods!!

But look at these made just using the SU! Daisies #2 die and the Square Lattice embossing folder... I am in heaven ( as I have always been a daisy fan since I first got into papercrafting!!)  I don't think that this photo can truly show the difference when you emboss these daisies - suddenly they really come to life!!!

I also thought these might be an alternative idea for some as a simple Easter treat.  (though don't worry friends & family..... you will always get chocolate from me!!)

And we also made a watering can for the daisy to go in..... this is made from the Mini Milk Carton die. This die is so clever... not only does it score the lines for a milk carton... but also has the lines to form a spout... The butterflies are all made using just the one pass of the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die.  This die is amazing - not only does it cut the shapes but it embosses at the same time - fantastic - and there are 4 to choose from..... 

And here is the more grown up version of the daisy.... as chosen by most to make... don't know if that was because it is more grown-up.... or because they all sat there with a lollipop in there mouth!!! So many sweet tooths in one room....! 
If these Big Shot projects interest you  - do remember to check out my Big Shot specials - there is something there for every one/ budget!! And I will be holding another Big Shot class next month too ....

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea with the milk carton- such a cute and beautiful watering can. Love the details with the butterfly on the handle! Have been resisting these two dies as have bought too many! Love the idea of a Big Shot class too- hope it continues to do really well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made similar lollipop flowers using the Fun Flowers die but I love how you've texturised the daisy petals. The watering can is really special, such a great idea.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...