Friday 26 May 2017

Fancy Fold Friday Tutorial for Double Z Joy Fold Card

You asked... and here it is!  The recipe and directions for the fully opening Large Square Double Z Joy Fold Card that I quickly shared earlier in the week here... And this is a SIMPLE one...

The card pictured today is exactly the same card... but the papers are flipped ie showing the reverse side... which meant everyone could choose their preferred colour way in classes... always like doing that when I can! Most people did this version...
And I know that some of you will laugh with me as you see how logical (aka obvious) - and simple - it is... still do not understand why my brain could not compute this when it tried to last year!!!

And this is a "tryer" girls (and boys) ... Too simple a Fancy Fold not to... I have made a few!!!

So it is the same card size whether you use A4 or US 8 1/2" x 11"... ending up as a 5 1/2" Square or 14cm Square card... so you are free to cut your panels & score in inches from A4 if you prefer ...  So cm measurements and directions are highlighted in yellow... 
Metric Recipe
A4 Thick Whisper White 28 x 14cm
A4 Thick Whisper White 23.5 x 9.5cm
A4 (Front) Soft Sky 9cm Square; (Insides) 6.5 x 9cm [x2]
Paper Gingham (Front) 8.5cm Square; (Insides) 6 x 8.5cm [x2]
Paper Flowery (Back)  13.5cm Square
Paper Olive Dots (Front) 6.5 x 13.5cm

Inches Recipe
A4 Thick Whisper White 11" x 5 1/2"
A4 Thick Whisper White 9 1/4" x 3 3/4"
A4 Soft Sky (Front) 3 1/2" Square ; (Insides) 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" [x2]
Paper Gingham (Front) 3 1/4" Square ; (Insides) 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" [x2]
Paper Flowery (Back) 5 1/4" Square
Paper Olive Dots (Front) 2 1/2" x 5 1/4"

Directions
  1. Place large panel LANDSCAPE (long side along top) on trimmer
  2. Score at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2" (7 & 14cm)
  3. Z Bone Fold. Valley for halfway/centre fold... Peak for quarter-way/front fold
  4. Place small panel LANDSCAPE on trimmer
  5. Score at (wait for it!!!!) 2 3/4" & 5 1/2" (7 & 14cm)
  6. Z Bone Fold. Peak for "halfway-ish" fold (ie front fold)... Valley for "quarter-ish"fold ie back fold
  7. Adhere larger papers on card front & back
  8. Adhere back section of top/smaller Z Fold onto square Back of main/larger card AND AN IMPORTANT TIP! Think about what needs to go where!!! Otherwise you will just stick your whole card together!! Suggest a dry run with no glue the first time... it should all become obvious!

    SO.... make sure the left/inside valley fold of the smaller Z section panel is behind your main/larger card front left peak fold

    ie slip the smaller Z in behind the larger left fold as you stick it down/square it all off on the front...
  9. Adhere square front part of smaller Z Fold onto main/larger card front (think about where NOT to put your glue!?)
  10. Decorate as desired
Stampin Up! Products Used
Papers - Succulent Garden (retires 31st May - but discounted!)
Stamps - Stylised Birthday; Big on Birthdays
Card  - Thick Whisper White, Soft Sky






6 comments:

LisaJ said...

Hi Amanda, Thanks for another tutorial! Have considered doing Video Tutorials?

Amanda said...

Thanks Lisa... I have....and I have even charged my old iPad 3x to do a test run (as it has a stand I can use)... so never say never... but I have to honestly admit that.... GASP!! I absolutely HATE them myself.... I will search for hours to find the written word when necessary.... so they would be no use to me as a record of my own cards... and that is what this blog was set out to do... way back when...

Pat Swearingen said...

OK, this is simple enough--reading anyway. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for the instructions.

Amanda said...

My pleasure Pat... and enjoy!

Nancy Roberta said...

Great instructions! I like that you made it so easy. Thank you so much!

Amanda said...

Thank you for your feedback Nancy.. that is so good for me to know! I do like things to be easy where possible...