Monday, 13 February 2017

Falling in Love & Tutorial for Extra Extra Large Heart Wreath Card

So this card proved very popular when I posted it earlier in the month (and on my display here too)... and I had my fabulous All Day Crafting Event last Saturday... and I suddenly remembered the ladies being gutted last time that they were not doing a wreath card...

So 2 worlds collided - the Falling in Love papers were out - and a re-make was on the cards.... well card actually... and here it is... 
So glad I got the So In Love and  Falling For You stamp sets - as I love this version of the card!! And there is a unique aspect of the leaf spray stamps in the So In Love set... there are two - one for each direction! Which means one could do the right hand side of the heart and the other the left... 

Pictorial on "how to make a wreath using a leaf spray stamp" here - and mat sizes and how to make the heart template used to draw round on the previous card version post here - so  I will just concentrate on how to produce an Extra Extra Large 7 1/2" (14cm) Square card for today... which is simples!

You will need... 2 pieces of A4 cardstock (or US standard)...

1. Cut one piece to 7 1/2" Square
2. Cut the other to 7 1/2" x 8 1/2"
3. Place this second cut piece LANDSCAPE (ie 8 1/2" length across the top!) on the trimmer at 7 1/2" and score
4. Valley Fold the score-line... so you have 7 1/2" Square on the front and a 1" ( x 7 1/2" high) "tab" at the back
5. Open up the front & apply glue to that tab and place the first piece onto the tab

6. (OPTIONAL) Apply co-ordinating Washi Tape to cover the join on the back of the card. This works well - as not only does it cover up the join - but it makes the card look more finished off/special too! 

I then used a 5 1/2" (14cm) Square stamping panel with a 5 3/4" (14.5cm) mat - on the outside and the inside too
Greetings from Big on Birthdays




5 comments:

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...