Thursday 30 September 2021

Thursday Tidings of Christmas #2 - Multi Layer Card - with some tips...

Another in my series of Focus on Using 6x6 Papers... featuring Tidings of Christmas along with the Merriest Moments stamps for some Christmas makes...

This card is a great way to use the scraps left from another card....

But before I start... remember that today  is the last day you can order with the Sale A Bration promotion offers available to you.... In brief... a free gift for every £45 ordered... a free stamp set (In  Your Words) for orders over £275... AND wow! A free extra bundle when joining (see pg 19) our Stampin Up! family ...

Bit of a back story with this card... as it is a re-worked or CASEd version of a card I made 8 years ago for a Male Card series using Dapper Dad and Parkers Patterns... and that has been sitting on my "re-make me as I'm great" pile ever since... So now I have... though I changed the sizes of the top mat and papers to suit my leftovers from a card I will share soon!

And I couldn't resist decorating the inside with another of my paper scraps...

And a few tips for you....

(1) Reduce the amount of ribbon/thread you use when you are just going to cover it up... hopefully the picture says 1000 words....

(2) Feel free to "gut" the centre of your paper square... again hopefully the picture says 1000 words... I went round lining up and cutting at 3cm on all 4 sides... so I now have a smaller square of paper to use on another card...

(3) The poinsettia is a small flower layered (using a 3d foam Stampin Dimensionals pad) over a larger flower!

(4) The poinsettia leaves are from the large poinsettia flower inked up in the green! (Evening Evergreen in this instance) Perfect finish!


14.8cm Square Card Blank Cheery Cobbler
Paper 14.3cm Square mat (Gut centre out at 3cm all round  - or not!)
Striped Paper 14.8 x 3.8cm. 
Cherry Cobbler mat 10.3cm Square with White 5.3cm Square panel plus 4 paper panels 7.5 x 2cm.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Im wondering if you would be willing to give dimensions? Love it!

Amanda said...

14.8cm Square Card Bank, Paper 14.3cm Square mat plus Striped 14.8 x 3.8cm. Cherry Cobbler mat 10.3cm Square with White 5.3cm Square panel plus 4 panels 7.5 x 2cm.