Sunday 31 March 2024

Easter Table Candle Wreath Centrepiece...

 

So this year I had a request for an Easter table centrepiece project instead of the usual small treat packages we make...

And here is the result... a spring themed decorated wreath for a candle ... perfect in the middle of my table... I love the finished result... though TBH... a lot of sighs and swearing were heard along the way... with a lot of searching for old retired items that I know would do certain jobs!

So I knew I wanted to make the "daffodils" from Kusudama flowers  - which I used previously for a home decor project back in 2018... and I think they worked great... using various ( and any!) yellow past colour collection papers I could find (cut down to 3"squares) Finished off with retired Classy Designer buttons...

I was going to make paper cherry blossom flowers too... but then I remembered the gorgeous flowers in the long retired Indescribable Gift stamp set... and it seemed rude not to use them! Even though it took me a LONG time to find my stamps!! Coloured with Light Bubble Bath Stampin Blends and using the Color Lifter to spread it out for uber-paleness! See here for how I added dimension to the flowers...

I also have had the speckled white eggs for years... they were great as they have a little hole in the bottom that just popped onto the greenery with no further adhesive required. Likewise with the pale coloured foam eggs (cheap foam ones care of Home Bargains, B&M or Poundland or somewhere) also just popped on...

I also added a little nest bought from Yorkshire Trading this year... - plus 3 speckled eggs - but which I seemed to forget to photo...
Then some current products got some action!! 

Painted Lavender single lavender sprays inked up in Highland Heather "thumped" with a Gorgeous Grape marker pen 

And a couple of Paper Butterfly Accents butterflies to finish things off (with lots of Basics Jewel Rhinestones bling!)


No comments: