Saturday, 28 July 2012
Scallop Square #13 - Flip n Fold Mini Album
This is based upon a favourite mini book format of mine that has been tried and tested a few times already.... as you can see in the 2 links here.....
Nursery Suite Baby Boy Mini Book
Newsprint Mini Books
So how have I done this from a die that is only 4 1/2" Square???
The trick is ....... some clever folding and a piece of scrap paper!!
Take an 8" square piece of cardstock.
Score in half at 4" in both directions. Bone Fold.
Cut down one scored line to centre.
Place the opened up square down if front of you with the cut line to the top centre.
And now it is the clever folding time.....
1. Fold the top right hand page down over the bottom right hand page
2. Fold the bottom right hand page over the bottom left hand page
3. Fold the top left hand page over the left hand bottom page
But here are the words in any case!!!
1. Place a piece of scrap paper over the top right hand corner of the die
2. Pick up your folded pages with the cut edge on the top and to the right hand side
3. Place the folded pages onto the die one scallop down from the top and one scallop in from the right ( this should be held level on the die by the piece of scrap paper!)
4. Die cut!
5. And you should end up with this......
SU! Supplies Used
Dies - Scallop Square!!
Papers - Attic Boutique
Stamps- Tea Shoppe
Punches - Itty Bitty Trio; 1 3/4" Circle ( for flowers)
Cardstock - Regal Rose; Soft Suede;Very Vanilla
Ribbon - Taffeta Soft Suede