Sunday 5 October 2014

White Christmas & Holiday Home meets Wonderful Wreath– 8” Flap Card

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 018
Now this is a BIG card… all 8” square of it when closed & 16” wide when open…. Definitely one for the mantelpiece of someone special.
Now this is a project format I have shared before… quite a few times actually… but the previous versions were all mini books. But I had a mixed class this week – half being Cardmakers and half being Scrapbookers – so I set too to do projects that could suit both camps … and I am so glad that I took on that challenge – as I really LOVE this card! Especially that All is Calm paper used in the centre section – looks like lights shining down from those twinkling Confetti Stars punch stars…almost surreal!
See here for a previous mini book version & tutorial. I loved this card so much I didn’t even make up a mini book version! And guess what…nor did anyone else!
Here’s the view of the closed card – along with its belly band & wreath ….
Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 021
Another view of the inside…
Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 019
Now off to do a re-make of this…. it is about to shrink slightly in the spirit of being more frugal!!! For you Zoe!!

6 comments:

Sharon Roselli said...

This is a awesome card! Love the detail of the scenes. The sets all together makes a happy place

Amanda said...

Thank you so much Sharon. Yes the 2 sets together are a match from heaven!

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda fabulous card - how do you demark the paper background from the snow ??

Amanda said...

Hope to get a photo and post when my next class runs!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! Someone said your blogs fairly often and you're always releasing great stuff.
I shared this on my facebook and my follwers loved it! Keep up very good work.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been following your weblog for
a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you
a shout out from Humble Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good work!