Friday, 29 May 2015
Fancy Fold Friday Tutorial for You’ve Got This! Small Square Double Display Card… the Card with more back!
I had a few emails this week asking me how to make this card from way back when…. so I did a quick remake with lovely NEW Catalogue goodies… and here is a tutorial for you….
But first spot my new things….
2 new stamp sets used…. You’ve Got This! and Happy Birthday Everyone (again!)… You’ve Got This! has a gorgeous peony flower, 3 lovely greetings & a fabulous watercolour/texture background stamp
New Colour Collection Designer Paper Stack…. This is the Neutrals stack… particularly fabulous as there are silver and gold papers in there….nice metallic sheen. I have used the Silver papers here… Love these Stacks – no more chevrons etc to make my eyes go funny…but script, polka dots, stripes and little flowers…perfect… much better!
New In Color Mint Macaron. Paired with Silver and Black this time… Colour inspiration from…cough…my kitchen!
Here is a close up of the 4 new patterns for you…..
New Triple Banner Punch for banner to left bottom - and tab to top left. The tab is the waste from the banner...seemed bad not to use it!!
And a funny story as to how this card came about in the first place…..
When I first started playing around with the Square Double Display card designs … I thought that the Small Square version would look fab inside the Large Square frontage… floating inner card effect I thought!!
So I made one up – and proudly put it on the mantelpiece… and yes… you can laugh at me – as I certainly did - of course it just flopped and fell over… so hence why it ended up with a back piece…aka the card with more back!!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CUT & FOLD CARD PART
You will need 12x12 Whisper White cardstock cut to 4” x 12”
(1) Line up 12 “ x 4” Whisper White panel PORTRAIT at 1” on Top Bar
(2) Cut from 1” to 5”
(3) LIFT THE CUTTING BLADE...
(4) Cut from 7” to 11”
(5) Flip 180 degrees
(6) Repeat (1-4) for the other side
(7) Line up LANDSCAPE at 2” on Top Bar
(8) Score across the whole card (ie 0 to 4”)
(9) Repeat (8) lined up at 4”, 8” & 10” on the Top Bar
(10) Line up LANDSCAPE at 1” on Top Bar
(11) Score from outside edge down to cut line at top & bottom (ie score from O to 1”, LIFT BLADE..., then score from 3” to 4”)
(12) Repeat (11) lined up at 5”, 7” & 11” on the Top Bar
(13) Crease score lines by hand LIGHTLY.... starting at one side of the card...
Inside Sections – Mountain then Valley folds
Outer Sections – Mountain, Valley, Mountain, Valley folds
(14) Bone Fold. TIP – an extra “crease” will now magically appear in the centre of the top & bottom outer sections – do not worry, you will be covering these! But don’t further crease or bone-fold it!!!
(15) Repeat (13-14) from the other side
And for the card decoration… I used…
Mint Macaron Card 5 1/2” Square ( x2)
Fancy Foil Vellum 5 1/2” Square
Whisper White Card 4” Square
DSP Script 3 3/4” Square
DSP Stripe 3 3/4” Square
DSP Flowers 1 3/4 Square (x2)
DSP Polka Dots 1 3/4” x 3/4” (x4)
Card Front Decoration
(1) Adhere Vellum to one of Mint Macaron Large Square panels
(2) Adhere Script DSP to Whisper White panel
(3) Adhere these 2 parts together
(4) Chop in half at 2 3/4”
(5) Adhere Card Front Sections to front LH & RH sections of Main Card – one at a time lining everything up nicely as you go!
TIP – put glue on front sections of Main Card NOT the back of the Card Front Sections!!! Or you will have glue where you don’t want it!!!
I would recommend also Tombow – I have only used Sticky Strip so you can see where to put the glue in the photo!
Aarrgh…forgot to take a photo…so this is the photo from the larger 6” square card version…. you will have overlap on this card version….
Inner Card Decoration
The rest is just gluing & sticking! Oh apart from the centre panel which had a 1” square cut off at each corner… or as I would put it using a trimmer… (1) Line up Stripy DSP panel at 1” on Top Bar
(2) Cut from 0 to 1”. LIFT. Cut from 2 3/4” to 3 3/4”
(3) Turn 180 degrees & repeat (1-2)
(4) Turn 90 degrees & repeat (1-2)
(5) Turn 180 degrees & repeat (1-2)
And then it is just stamping & decorating as you desire..... and the final sticking of the card onto the back large Square Mint Macaron panel… just make sure you line up the front of the card with this back panel!
Note that I stamped the back Mint Macaron panel with the flowers and watercolour/texture stamp… loving this effect….
So there you have it…. I would love to see your makes if you use this…so please remember to link back here…. or send me an email with a photo!!
And here are 2 other versions of this card that I have posted previously – just click on the pictures to go to the original post…