Tuesday 14 March 2023

Tuesday Tutorial - Small Square Double W Fold card


Back to the how to for the third version of my Double W Fold card... This version being a small square (ie 10.5cm aka 4 1/8") card.. 

Craft Spa Recipe - Small Square Double W Fold Card (actually 10.5cm Square)

Main Card-A4 Rich Razzleberry 21 x 10.5cm  & 22 x 10.5cm
Inside Base sections A4 Rich Razzleberry 21 x 3.5cm (x2)
Inside Top paper panels 20 x 7cm (x2)
Inside Base paper panels 4.8 x 3cm (x8)
Front Old Olive mat 10cm Square
Front paper panels - Floral 9.5cm Square... Dots 10 x 2.5cm
Ribbon x 36cm
Papers - Dainty Flowers (retired)

Craft Spa Instructions -  - Small Square Double W Fold Card
  1. Score 2 larger LANDSCAPE Rich Razzleberry panels at 10.5cm
  2. Score longer Rich Razzleberry panel LANDSCAPE at 21cm  
  3. Valley Fold both "in half"
  4.  Mountain fold thin section on longer piece (aka the glue tab)
  5. Open both out and place stood up in front of you - with the longer piece to the left with the glue tab to the right side... 
  6. Apply glue to the front face of the glue tab... and stick the shorter/RH panel to the tab...

  7. Score the 2 LANDSCAPE shorter Rich Razzleberry panels at 5.25, 10.5 and 15.75cm
  8. Concertina bone fold Valley, Mountain & Valley (as base sections)

  9. Cut the two larger LANDSCAPE paper panels in half to 10cm wide
  10. Adhere to top insides
  11. Adhere 8 paper pieces to inside base sections

    For the 2 left hand sections of the card...
  12. Hold concertina base sections with 2 open edges and folded centre facing to the right
  13. Apply glue to back/bottom face  
  14. Stick concertina section down onto right of right hand section(lining up at the sides and along the bottom edge of the card)
  15. With concertina panel still folded up... apply glue to top face
  16. Close left section of card onto the glued face

  17. Repeat with other concertina panel for 2 right sections of card...sticking the concertina base section (with 2 open edges and folded centre facing to the left) to the left side of the 2 left sections this time... and folding the right section of the card onto the top...

  18. Ink up, stamp, cut and punch as necessary
    I used the A La Mode dies and Alphabest stamp & punch bundle ... along with the 3 x 4.2cm Stitched Rectangle die to cut the white panels - so the mats are 3.5 x 4.7cm in Old Olive(x3), Rich Razzleberry(x3) and Fresh Freesia(x2) 

    Finishing off with  a couple of Fresh Freesia In Color Loose Flower Flourishes  and small punched flowers in Rich Razzleberry and Fresh Freesia (using a long retired punch!). Along with irridescent gems and pearls...

  19.  Decorate card


12 comments:

Ann Lauzon said...

Hi Amanda, love theses cards...Ann in Canada

Amanda said...

Aw thanks Ann.. they are great as simple enough to make but a real wow on the shelf!
Hope you are well… and thanks for visiting…

Rhonda said...

Hi Amanda...I was just browsing on pinterest and found this card. Really like the way it looks. I live in New York state so am converting it to a size in inches that I can work with and will make it. I don't do stamping so will make everything using clipart etc. Thank you for sharing your design.
Rhonda P

Amanda said...

Thanks Rhonda... love to hear that it has inspired you enough to convert for your own cardstock & create one too... Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

As Rhonda says, I too, live in the United States (Illinois down by St. Louis, MO). Like her, I'll also use clipart and whatever I can find, but I'm looking forward to making this card. Got a friend whose birthday is late May, so this will be perfect for her.
Thanks for posting and I am so glad I found your post!
Cathy

Amanda said...

Thank you Cathy… and glad you found it too! Have a lovely time creating the card for your friend… and for others no doubt! As they are definitely a bit addictive…

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love pop-up type cards and had to make this. My letters are bigger so I didn't add another background but I did use an embossing folder to give it more dimension and lightly brushed the red/green over the letters. Now I need to check out your other cards!
Thanks!
Dolores

Amanda said...

Thank you Dolores… and so glad you enjoyed making one… 2 other double w fold tutorials on the blog already… amongst 100s of tutorials for other card folds… Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by your card. It is stunning and very eye catching!! Unfortunately I don’t know how to convert cm to inches. I have some handicaps so difficult for me. Can you help or direct me to how to convert table? Thanks.

Amanda said...

I will put a conversion onto my To Do List... though it may be a while...
PS 1" is 2.5cm if that helps... so a 10.5cm square card is a 4 1/8" square card...

Anonymous said...

How do I convert cm to inches please and thank you

Amanda said...

Amanda said...
I will put a conversion on my To Do List... though it will be a while...
PS 1" is 2.5cm if that helps... so a 10.5cm square card is a 4 1/8" square card...