Thursday, 30 January 2014

Pop Up Presents Trio Card & Tutorial

2014_01, Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa, Jan Class, Banners & Presents Trio (5)2014_01, Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa, Jan Class, Banners & Presents Trio (4)

Another version of the Pop Up Presents card I shared yesterday… I am not sure that the photos do this card justice – it is a real WOW in the flesh…

More papers from the NEW Fresh Prints DSP stack. This time in Real Red & Crumb Cake – so more suitable for the males and teens in our life!

You can see the little part-punched pieces more clearly in this colourway – check out the extra embellishments on those little banners in the Glimmer Red– straights, chevrons; and layered banners – I can use any tiny scrap to add layers to my banners …. you never need to throw away a scrap of card or paper again!!!!

Remember just a £45 order will get you this Banner Punch for free….!!! 

Here is the detailed imperial version by Lisa Young that I used . But I converted the measurements to a metric version for use in a standard European A6 card...

So for the inner insert - you will need…

Whisper White Cardstock 8” x 140mmW

Scored & Folded at 4”

You can mark & cut as Lisa has - but I used a trimmer to do the cutting –  I find that much easier – so the folded edge of the insert is placed LANDSCAPE up to the top horizontal ruler bar of the trimmer , lined up to a measurement and then you use the vertical cutter bar to make the cuts!

A quick tip though – I found that cutting 2/3 times ensured that my trimmer went all the way through the 2 layers of card neatly – though maybe that was just a sign of me needing to replace my blade!!! Going back to repeat when you discover that the blade hasn’t quite cut through makes for a messy cut!!

So for the first cut – line up your folded edge LANDSCAPE on the top ruler bar at 2 cm – locate your blade at 5cm on the cutter bar – and cut up from 5 cm to the top – ie 0

Then at 6cm on the top - cut from 5 cm to 0

Then at 9 1/2cm on the top - cut from 3 1/2cm to 0

Then at 12cm on the top - cut from 2 cm to 0

And a quick pictorial for those of you that prefer a visual.

Amanda Bates,TheCraftSpa,2014-01,Pop Up Presents Tutorial Pic 001

The paper strips are of course a different size. As Lisa says though – do measure the lengths you need for each section and then trim – no 2 presents were ever the same. For class – I cut my pieces a bit longer so people could then trim to suit the width on their own creation. So these are the measurements with ( hopefully) a bit of overhang….. about 1/2 cm

Paper Sizes – 4 cm H x 10.5cm W; 3.5cmH x 7.5cm W; 2.5cm H x 4.5cm W

 

SU! Products Used

Stamps – Perfectly Penned

Papers – Fresh Prints DSP Stack (SSC); Red Shimmer

Cards & Inks – Real Red; Crumb Cake; Soft Suede

Punches – Banner (SAB)

Dies – Alphabet

3 comments:

  1. Love these Amanda. I will have to have a go. Not so good at the pop up!. k x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your cards Amanda- may have to pinch some ideas - would that be ok? Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that tutorial,
    My ladies love doing pop-up cards and this one is great for males and teens as you say.
    Just noticed that you have blogged 4 days in a row - keep it up girl - I need the inspiration!!
    See you Wednesday!!
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...