Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue - Something Lacy by Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa,  (1)

But this blog post has nothing to do with weddings…

So really I should have said …hi Something Lacy. This is a new background stamp in the new Spring & Summer catalogue just released ( see Page 43). And it is definitely a favourite of mine…. LOVE LOVE LOVE. SO I had to quickly share…. then I will go back to plotting my SAB Clubs & Spring Summer Catalogue product shares. More on those very soon…..

But I thought I would do something a bit different to the normal white background… so it is stamped in Memento Black on Sahara Sand…with colouring of accents of blues (Soft Sky, Pool Party & Lost Lagoon), greys (Smoky Slate, Basic Grey) , browns (Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake) & a dash of white gel pen thrown in to highlight….

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue - Something Lacy by Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa,  (3)

For the hi… I used my old Larger Than Life alphabet (an all time favourite!) – inked up the letters in Sahara Sand then “kissed” the letters on the Something Lacy stamp inked up with Memento Black – so as to borrow the ink! And then I stamped onto the Sahara Sand panel. Colouring done the same way as on the main panel

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue - Something Lacy by Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa,  (4)

A bit more of the blues -  Lost Lagoon ribbon and matting onto Soft Sky then Lost Lagoon – and there you have it. Something Lacy with Something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue…..

I am not sure that the photo does the card justice.. but I am sure that you will get the idea….

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love how you have coloured this image. I have resisted the new lacy background stamp, but this makes me re-think it! Thanks - I think ;-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this stamp arrived yesterday. Love what you have done with it. Thanks for the inspiration. k x

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...