Saturday 9 January 2016

My favourites from the Spring Summer/Occasions Catalogue

Sorry about the unintended strange post for this morning! Back to it... before my DH gets back and tries to sort out the "glitch" and I lose the PC for the rest of the day!

I keep being asked which are my favourite products...so I have sat down and thought about it...

And my Top 5 are stand-outs...whilst my next 5 to make a Top 10 have to be chosen from 15+ favourites! So without further ado...here is the low down on my Top 5...

At the top without a doubt...Wink of Stella pens... particularly the clear. A must have in my book!

I can't put them down... subtle shine & glitter just when - and where - you want it! Without a constant shiny face!!! Life has just got better!
And Stampin' Up! have a video for you here too... 
Here is what Stampin' Up! says... 
Add sparkle to your projects without the mess. The Wink of Stella Glitter Brush is perfect for writing and adding subtle controlled glitter to stamped images. The brush tip produces thick and thin lines, allowing artistic freedom.

* Clear
* 1-7/8" x 7" | 4.8 x 17.8 cm
* Archival quality
* Acid free
* Xylene free

At number 2... no guesses here if you have been reading my blog for the last week or so...... Number of Years and the co-ordinating Large Numbers dies. 

Lots of projects already shared over the past week or so...and many more to come!  I don't think I will be storing these away whilst they are current! Again... a must have for me!

Oh and remember that the Bundle of Stamps & Dies gives you 15% off the individual prices...
And here is what Stampin' Up! have to say... 
Number of Years Photopolymer Stamp Set
BIG occasions need BIG numbers. Choose an event—birthday, anniversary, new school year—and add a number for instant personalization. Buy it once, use it often. Great on its own or combined with images from other sets for different looks.

Quantity: 29 photopolymer stamps
Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, c, d, h

Large Numbers Framelits Dies
Bigger is better when it comes to numbers. Create large die-cut numbers in seconds with Framelits dies and the Big Shot. Framelits’ open design allows you to place them where you want for precise cutting. Layer several die cuts or use them individually. 

* 11 dies
* Largest image: 3/4" x 3-1/8" | 1.9 x 7.9 cm
* Use with Big Shot

At number 3...the Die Cut Brush... how did life exist without this!! 

Number 4 would not be on this list without this!! But I also have to add the Precision Base Plate at this point as you really will need both to use together...

And SU! says...
Love intricate die designs but not removing excess pieces of paper? Make it easy—use the Big Shot Die Brush. It's simple:

1. Run the die through the Big Shot.
2. Place the die face-down on the foam pad.
3. Roll the brush over the die.

It removes the excess pieces of paper from the die (the ones that you discard). It's a great timesaver—you can spend your time creating, not cleaning dies.

* Includes foam pad: 4-1/2" x 7-1/4" | 11.4 x 18.4 cm
* Brush size: 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" | 3.8 x 14 cm

And so at Number 4... the Bloomin Heart die...

I completely swooned when I first saw this! And I am not even into hearts as a general rule!! But I love the look of intricate die cuts...

However I would not have considered it without the die-cut brush!! Not forgetting your Precision Base Plate too...


And here is a glittery heart - care of the new Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper - very nice.... 
There is the lovely co-ordinating stamp set, Bloomin Love too - only £9.75 with the Bundle - very useful... but it is the die I particularly love and will get most use of....

And here is a Stampin' Up! video for you...
And SU! says...
Cut delicate hearts in record time with Thinlits dies and the Big Shot. 

Thinlits Dies help you create detailed die-cuts with just a few turns of the Big Shot handle. Dies include ejection holes so you can remove the paper easily.

Because of the intricate design of this die, you'll get best results if you use it with the Precision Base Plate.

* 3 dies
* 3-3/8" x 3-1/2" | 8.6 x 8.9 cm
* Use with Big Shot

And finishing off with Number 5 for today... Timeless Textures... another must have for me!

I know that I will get most use out of this set (after Number of Years that is) ... so although I have many other stamp set favourites on my list this is a stand out for that reason...

And SU! says...
Change the personality of your projects just by adding texture stamps. Keep it simple with one image or layer a few for more character. 

Our classic wood-mount rubber stamps
* Have deeply etched images so you get a superior stamped impression each time. 
* Are precut so you don't have to trim.
* Come with farmed-maple wood blocks—you don't need to buy blocks separately.
* Permanently mount on the blocks so they're ready to go when you are. 
* Come packaged in cases with images on the spine for easy storage and quick reference.

Quantity: 9 rubber stamps


So that is it for today... I will be back with the second half of my Top 10 later in the week... Far more difficult for me to choose amongst them... I may have to combine a few!!!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Anne said...

Your choices are the same as me. I didn't buy the Timeless Textures but it's on my list for next time. Hope ICT issues get sorted!!! X

Amanda said...

Great choices Anne! Fingers crossed re ICT... Taken DH most of today so far!