Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Beautiful Butterflies #6 – Thumped Joseph’s Coat Technique!

2012_08_Beautiful Butterflies_Josephs Coat 003_resizeAnother simple card blending a couple of techniques that we all know and love! Namely Joseph’s Coat Technique and Thumping…. Though I still have to query why we call it thumping…. I would cry if anyone actually thumped my markers heavily… as that would break the tip!!!

This card is a CASE of one I received in a sample swap between UK demos organised via our favourite site, In Love with Stamping. 2012_08_Beautiful Butterflies_Josephs Coat 006_resizeThe original stunning card was made by Michelle Bryant . Having just visited Michelles’ blog again… I have realised that this isn’t the first time I have CASED her swap samples …..remember this card....….  so thanks more than once Michelle!!!  Now I can’t see the original card on Michelles’ blog so thought I should share her original here too as the colour scheme is SO vibrant. 

So here is the step by step for the decoration of my die-cut butterfly using the Joseph’s Coat combined with Thumping…….

1. Ink up flower stamp with Versamark

2. Ink up flower stamp with Pool Party ink

3. “Thump” Island Indigo & Rich Razzleberry markers over flower stamp

4. Stamp on butterfly

5. Add clear embossing powder & heat

6. Brayer over Pink Pirouette ink

Su! Supplies

  • Stamps - My Friend
  • Punches - Lace Ribbon border
  • Tools - Brayer
  • Card & Paper - Pool Party, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
  • Ink Pads – Versamark; Pool Party; Island Indigo; Pink Pirouette
  • Marker Pens – Rich Razzleberry; Island Indigo
  • Embossing Powder Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...