Tuesday 28 August 2012

Beautiful Butterflies #6 – Thumped Joseph’s Coat Technique!

2012_08_Beautiful Butterflies_Josephs Coat 003_resizeAnother simple card blending a couple of techniques that we all know and love! Namely Joseph’s Coat Technique and Thumping…. Though I still have to query why we call it thumping…. I would cry if anyone actually thumped my markers heavily… as that would break the tip!!!

This card is a CASE of one I received in a sample swap between UK demos organised via our favourite site, In Love with Stamping. 2012_08_Beautiful Butterflies_Josephs Coat 006_resizeThe original stunning card was made by Michelle Bryant . Having just visited Michelles’ blog again… I have realised that this isn’t the first time I have CASED her swap samples …..remember this card....….  so thanks more than once Michelle!!!  Now I can’t see the original card on Michelles’ blog so thought I should share her original here too as the colour scheme is SO vibrant. 

So here is the step by step for the decoration of my die-cut butterfly using the Joseph’s Coat combined with Thumping…….

1. Ink up flower stamp with Versamark

2. Ink up flower stamp with Pool Party ink

3. “Thump” Island Indigo & Rich Razzleberry markers over flower stamp

4. Stamp on butterfly

5. Add clear embossing powder & heat

6. Brayer over Pink Pirouette ink

Su! Supplies

  • Stamps - My Friend
  • Punches - Lace Ribbon border
  • Tools - Brayer
  • Card & Paper - Pool Party, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
  • Ink Pads – Versamark; Pool Party; Island Indigo; Pink Pirouette
  • Marker Pens – Rich Razzleberry; Island Indigo
  • Embossing Powder Clear

No comments: