Two posts again today…. please don’t miss my earlier exciting news about Project Life here……
When I posted my large Ferrero Rocher Easter Basket on Mothers Day I said that I had been creating baskets of various sizes… so for those of you still creating last minute projects for this weekend – here is a step by step tutorial for a smaller version.
This one is big enough to hold 2 Cream Eggs or lots of minis … but has been designed so that you can make 2 from one piece of A4 cardstock….. I could have made a one-piece basket including the scalloped flap but I would only have got one from an A4 piece of card – and this way is actually more robust as well…
So first how to cut the card pieces for the 2 baskets…..
1. Cut A4 cardstock PORTRAIT at 15 cm
2. Cut (this 15cm wide piece) LANDSCAPE at 12cm (x2)
3. Cut (the remaining 62mm wide piece) PORTRAIT at 5 cm
4. Cut (the 5cm wide piece) LANDSCAPE at 6 ½ cm (x4)
5. Cut (the remaining 12mm or ½” wide piece) LANDSCAPE in half at 14.8cm
Or recipe in short…. CS Crumb Cake 12x15cm ; 5 x 6 ½ cm (x2) ; ½” x 14.8cm
And now how to cut and make the basket……
1. With large panel PORTRAIT on trimmer... Score at 4 ½cm & 7 ½cm.
2. Bone Fold
3. With panel LANDSCAPE on trimmer...
at 3, 4½ , 6, 9, 10½ & 12cm along the Top Ruler Bar
cut the top & bottom sections using the Cut Bar …
ie cut from each outside edge to the score-line (aka 0 to 4½cm then 7½ to 12cm on the Cut Bar).
Thought these pictures showing the last cuts (at12cm on the Top Ruler Bar) might help those of you that are less familiar with a Stampin ‘ Trimmer…
5. Pull the LH & RH sections upwards & towards each other to form the top of the basket
6. Adhere on about 1cm of overlap
7. Pull up next LH & RH sections & line up so that bottom corners meet & adhere
8. Pull up next LH & RH sections & line up top corners on top edge of basket & adhere
9. Fold up central section & adhere
10. Trim off top edge of basket
11. Score 2 small panels at 2 ½ cm (aka 1”)
12. Scallop Tag Topper Punch 2 shorter sections to form the 2 flaps
13. Faux stitch 2 flaps on shorter sections & long narrow strip for handle too!
14. Adhere longer sections of 2 top flaps on the inside
DO NOT GLUE THE SHORTER SCALLOPED SECTION DOWN ON THE OUTSIDE! NOT YET!!!
15. “Stretch” long narrow strip with bone folder to form a curve
16. Place ends through slots in scalloped flaps & adhere ( glue dots on the back of the central scallop make this a very easy job!)
17. NOW adhere the scalloped flaps!
18. Ink up, stamp & punch flowers & greeting & adhere
And here are another couple of versions made for out Team Weekly Colour Challenge WWWU this week.The WWWU challenge colours this week are Island Indigo, Crisp Canteloupe & Pistachio Pudding.
So here we have one with and one without the faux stitching….. From a straw poll – 100% voted for with stitching…. but if you are making at speed…here is an example without!!
I will be back sometime soon with the dimensions for this larger version I made back in March. That one was made in exactly the same way….