Friday, 6 June 2014

Frugal Crafter Tip & Silver Wedding Anniversary Card

Flowering Flourishes, Silver Wedding Anniversary, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (1)

I had a special request for a Silver Wedding Anniversary card for my June classes. So I quickly designed one using my new go-to stamp set of Flowering Flourishes (not retiring-yippee!) … along with my old favourites Mr & Mrs (retiring and out of stock! Sorry!!) and Memorable Moments (not retiring).

Look at all that silver foil shine…..

 Flowering Flourishes, Silver Wedding Anniversary, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (2)

The background of the card is very subtle but gorgeous…so here is a close up… just flourishes stamped at random on the Smoky Slate  card blank using Whisper White & Smoky Slate. Then covered with some of the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in silver. So effective…

Flowering Flourishes, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014-05 (3)

And you will note that I have done something very unusual for me…. diamond not square central panel…! Well the Mr & Mrs had to be fit in somehow!!

And a quick tip for you frugal crafters out there….. I got 8 silver foil mounts out of one piece of 4x4”.

1. Place all your 7 Square Framelits carefully within each other and sellotape together

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (5)

2. Cut a 4” Square piece of Silver Foil card

3. Place your Framelit bundle over the cardstock.

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (1)

4. Die cut

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (3)Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (2)

5. Separate your 8 frames/mounts. 8 foil mounts ready for use….
Note the largest 4” Square one is from outside the Framelits   … don’t throw that one away… that can be used too! It is the one used in this card…..

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (4)

Not sure my Square Framelit dies are going to be separated now!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic design Amanda and I love your frugality - now why didn't I think of this!! But I will certainly do it now!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an idea to try - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...