Monday, 13 April 2015

Exterminate? Wheelie Bin Fancy Dress!?

Gosh some of you are SO eagle-eyed…!

Since I shared my Project Life page at the weekend - I have had a few messages asking me what is at the front door of the house … So I went back to check… and had a giggle…and then thought…oh why not share!!!

So here is my largest Crafting project to date!! Though I cannot call it papercrafting as there is definitely more plastic than paper!!

2007_05_01 Spring Festival Great Ouseburn (8)

And the story behind it…. every year our Great Ouseburn Spring Festival & Open Gardens has a Scarecrow Trail. We had always made a scarecrow – but this year we decided to do something a bit different!

Our excuse being that brand new Wheelie Bins had just been delivered on the Monday prior to the event… and I just said “ where are we going to hide this in our Open Garden this weekend!”

When all of a sudden a daft idea popped into my head – and so our Wheelie Bin Scarecrow Dalek was born… Oh! Such Happy Memories – really great crafting fun for all the family…

And great fun for the many visitors too…. though I think only the locals really understood the significance of the Wheelie Bin….

And you wouldn’t believe how many people had their photo taken next to our Dalek … just call me Madame Tussauds!! LOL!!!

2007_05_01 Spring Festival Great Ouseburn (7)

Have Kids?  Live in Yorkshire? Fancy looking at gorgeous Gardens – and a great Scarecrow trail with daft ideas like this one!!

Well you know where to come – Great Ouseburn – just 15 minutes from Wetherby, Harrogate, York & Thirsk - on Bank Holiday Monday 4th May 2015. Plug over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...