Still working on catching up with tutorials… I am now beginning to get there slowly…. So I am prioritising based on the numbers of emails/comments I have received about a particular project! Seemed logical to me….
So…. Remember this… this was the favourite card format made in last month’s classes.. the photos don’t really do the card justice – it is one of those that you maybe have to see in the flesh…and do the swing thing!!
As I am making a new card in the same format for next month’s classes… the photos/recipe in the tutorial are in a different colour way….
So you need….
Card Blank - Cardstock Coastal Cabana 11” x 5 ½” (28 x 14cm)
Inner Panel - CS Whisper White 7 ½” x 5 ¼” (19.5 x 13.5cm)
Tabs - CS Coastal Cabana 1.8cm (just less than 3/4”) x 5 ¼”(13.5cm) (x2)
Card Front Panel- CS Whisper White 3 ½” Square (8.8cm Square)
2. Score narrower coloured panel at 2 ½” & 5” (6.5 & 13cm)
3. Bone Fold as concertina/Z-fold ( ie one as mountain & 1 as valley fold)
4. Score 2 narrow Coastal Cabana panels at 2 ½” (6.5cm)
5. Die cut Square Aperture in card blank front and keep the Square…
Oh! Remember that the Square Framelits are on WEEKLY DEALS until 11pm tonight Tues 7 April
OR this could be hand cut using your trimmer- go in ¾” /2cm from each side – aka line up at ¾” on the Top Bar and cut from ¾” to 4 ¾” … on all 4 sides
6. Adhere Z folded panel to RHS of open card blank (note: valley fold of Z Fold panel to LHS when stuck )
7. Fold over front of card blank. (with Z folded panel folded)
8. Apply glue through aperture to top of Z fold panel ( ie to RHS of aperture) Note I have used Sticky Strip just so you can see where the glue needs to be…..
9. Adhere die-cut square (making sure the Square can swing through the aperture)
But when you open this card…that Square section doesn’t pop out or swing… it just … well sits there!
So now for the Tabs to attach it all together….. and allow it all to pop out and swing…
10.Open up Card blank. Open out Z folded panel to the right.
11. Apply Glue to narrower side of the 2 Tabs
12. With folded edge of Tabs to outer/RH edge of Z panel - adhere narrower side of Tabs to top and bottom (ie above and below the square panel) ensuring that these tabs clear the square and Z folded panel LHS score line. (Trim if necessary)
13.Fold top layer of Z Fold panel back over & open the Tabs out.
Check that the Tabs will clear the central score line of the Card Blank.
Trim if necessary
14. With the Tabs opened out, apply glue to top side
14. Fold front of card blank shut to close down onto tabs
And there you have it…one safely attached swing out card mechanism….
Now some of you won’t like the fact that you can see the Tab on the back of the white Z folded panel…
2 ways to work round that …
(1) make your card blank and Z folded panel all in the same colour as I did with the Pistachio Pudding version of the card
(2) cut 2 x 1.8 cm ( almost 3/4”) x 2 1/2” White Tabs…and just stick over the top!
So there you have it… add a decorated panel to the front Square section… and you have a simple looking card with a WOW on opening… and it is simple to make too…
Right…. onto the Something Borrowed Tri Fold Mini Album Tutorial now…..