Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Corner Garden - and a Tip!

Another quick share today. This is the Corner Garden stamp set that I have had a short while  - but new In colors and products intervened...so it didn't see ink... So now it has!

Well I was looking for something to quickly put on my trial of a 6" card using the NEW Whisper White Thick Cardstock... which I have to say has passed all of my tests so far!!!

I stamped and Aqua-Painted the flowers and leaves...and added my favourite Happy Birthday wording (yes again!) - but something was definitely missing...

So a quick tip for you when you just know a card needs just a little bit more... 

Get the Soft Sky inkpad out... 
Aqua Paint a faint outline around the flowers and leaves to make a shadow.  
Then pick up the little splats from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set - and splat. 

And then suddenly it all come to life....



1 comment:

  1. Oooh it really HAS made it spring into life. Leaving one of the flowers white makes a strong focal point too, I wouldn't have thought of doing that - once I start colouring, I feel obliged to colour everything!

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...