Monday, 2 November 2015

Special New Home Congratulations Card

A break from Christmas makes again today...

Though you may think this seems familiar...
A very special friend of mine moved house recently... so it was time for a special card...

And this format sprang to mind - for which the tutorial is posted here... 
Though I had a few extra challenges...
(1) time was not on my side.. I had an hour before we needed to be in the car and on the way to their new house...luckily I had a few strategic makes left over from my Christmas card making!
(2) I don't have any New Home wording stamps...so my brain had to get inventive...
(3) I did plan a long banner going across the whole card...but reason (1) stopped that!
So how did I get round the lack of New Home wording...
(1) the slim wide Congratulations is from Bravo...
(2) the NEW banner is using the Back to Basics alphabet - just punched out with the Banner Punch - simples!
(3) the HOME is from the Homemade for You... I just put a post it note over the MADE and kitchen utensils - inked up - removed the Post It note - and stamped & embossed...
I also used the FOR YOU WITH LOVE from the Homemade for You to dress up the mirror... though I have now spotted that I didn't stamp it centrally spot on in my haste! Aargh....
And a more summery scene behind the windows this time.... Soft Sky sponged sky - and Mossy Meadow & Aquapainter pen for the grass and trees...

Anyway... the card was very well received... I do love the fact that I can make something that brings such happiness to others! I just never own up as to how long it may have taken me!!
And finished off on the front with the larger Wonderful Wondrous wreath this time...

Now I just have to remember in a month or so's time that she is not having the matching Christmas card!!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card Amanda, you did a knock-out job with this!! I love the shape and all the windows and fireplace - they will LOVE it. :) Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...