Today's is decorated slightly differently... as I couldn't resist having the Loch Ness monster rising from the lake when I re-made for this tutorial!! But here are the two versions side by side...
Ellen Woodbridge who christened this card as a Dino-Rama card... got to love that name...
Craft Spa Recipe
Main Card: A4 Thick Whisper White 22.5 x 10.5cm (8 7/8" x 4 1/8")
Base Section: A4 Thick Whisper White 15.5 x 2.5cm (6 1/8" x 1")
Scene: A4 Thin Whisper White 20 x 10 cm (7 5/8" x 3 7/8")
Box Sections: Old Olive 10.5 x 2.5cm; 12.5 x 2.5cm (4 1/8" x 1"; 4 7/8" x 1")
Noe that the inches measurements are literally converted from the centimetres version. I think the back/central area would be too narrow if resized to suit US Medium ( A2?) Envelopes) so I have not resized to suit US Letter card/envelopes I don't know anything about...
And here is what you need to do...
1. Place the largest Thick Whisper White panel LANDSCAPE (ie long side along top) on your trimmer
2. Score at 3.5, 7, 15.5 & 19cm (aka 3.5 & 7cm from both sides) (1 3/8"; 2 3/4"; 6 1/8", 7 1/2" ie 1 3/8" & 2 3/4" from each side)
3. Bone Fold Mountain/Peak, Valley, Valley, Mountain
4. Basic Main Card done!
5. Sponge/brayer the Base Section in Pear Pizzazz ink (I did also try using a piece of Pear Pizzazz card... and Old Olive... but a sponged panel was the best match! The Old Olive panel surprisingly being the next best)
6. Ink up & stamp as necessary (greeting in Soft Suede & footprints in stamped off Soft Suede)
7. Mask & sponge/brayer the scene panel (Soft Sky brayered all over, Wisteria Wonder mountains, Pear Pizzazz grass & hills, Old Olive greeting and leaves) Come back tomorrow for a step by step pictorial ie Part 2 The Decoration!!!
8. Cut the LANDSCAPE sponged scene panel into strips of 3, 3, 8, 3 and 3 cm (all 10cm high) AND now stamp the greeting as required (1 1/8", 1 1/8", 3 1/8", 1 1/8" and 1 1/8" - all 3 7/8" high)
9. Adhere these cut panels to the Main Card blank
10. Score your 2 LANDSCAPE Old Olive strips. Shorter at 1 cm (3/8") from each side. Longer at 2cm (3/4") from each side
11. Peak Fold
12. Adhere to each other back edge to back edge (ie 1cm (3/8")sections within the 2cm (3/4") sections)
13. Make sure it all lays down flat!
14. Grab your Main Card, Base Section and this Double Box Section...
15. Apply glue to left hand side of Double Box Section
16. Adhere to inner left hand side of Main Card
17. Open out Main Card to left and apply glue to right hand side of Double Box Sections
18. Fold right hand sections of Main Card down to stick onto Double Box Section
19. Grab your Base Section
20. Fold up the left hand sections of the Main Card with the right hand sections open
21. Apply glue to front left section of main card (NOTE - think about where your glue needs to go... or rather not go!!)22. Adhere left side of Base Section to left hand side of Main Card ... making sure that the two left hand sides are neatly lined up and that the bottom of your Base Section lines up all the way along the bottom edge of the Main Card
23. Open out the left hand side and fold up the right hand sides of the Main Card so all flat
24. Adhere the right hand side of the Base Section to the folded right hand side of the Main Card (again - think re glue positioning!) Make sure that the card can lay flat in both directions (better to have a flat card and trim off the Base Section to the right hand side if necessary!)
View from the Top...
25. Finish decoration... See Part 2 tomorrow!!