Sunday 2 December 2018

Sunday Share - My Christmas Wreath for the front door!

Had to share! I had the pleasure of going TO a workshop yesterday... and making this beauty for my front door for Christmas.. (though these photos are actually of the back door as there just happened to be a hook there when I got home!!)

It has been a long time since I went to a creative workshop... as life has become quite busy enough running those of my own!! And I have to admit that is was a very nice change... so I think I will be on the look out for some more to go to in 2019... happy days!
So thank yous... To Denise for organising me! And to Clive for lunch at the Fauconberg Arms!

To Sue at Brown Paper & String for your brilliant wreath workshop (which I can highly recommend!)... which formed part of The Homemade & Vintage Christmas Fair... Though Sue is also running workshops next weekend 8/9 December at The Tea Rooms, Byland Abbey...
And to Homemade & Vintage for the lovely Pop Up Shop and Cafe Christmas Fair event running this weekend in Coxwold Village Hall... on today too if you are around this stunning North Yorkshire area & village...

I just wish I had thought to take a few photos around the room as it looked so lovely with lots of bunting, vintage finds & cafe and all the wreaths being made... well next time!
The wreath is a lovely mixture of both spruce and ivy... which makes it look different and very special... particularly as mine ended up very dense... and I can't wait to raid my garden for further supplies...

And I thought you might like a few closeups... particularly love the pops of dried limes and feathers... who would have thought!
And I have to admit that most of my chosen embellishments just sum up my Christmas (but maybe not everyone's)... as I always have sprays of berries around the house...  bowls of pine-cones mixed with pot pourri... bowls of walnuts for eating (along with the nutcracker device's annual outing!)... and cinnamon sticks for my mulled wine... 

And now I want to dry some limes (and lemons and oranges!)... as I think they look particularly brilliant!
And then all I need is to introduce some feathers and gypsophila (which I thought looked like a touch of snow!)... and my wreath can sum up my christmas decoration!!
So ... what do you think?

4 comments:

Deb Speijers said...

Absolutely beautiful!! What a great job you have done making this!

Anne said...

Love it Amanda. I think I need to go to some workshops rather than just holding them! Anne X

Amanda said...

Thank you Deb... and I thoroughly enjoyed making it too! Just need to get it on my front door later this afternoon...

Amanda said...

Thank you Anne... and yes I would highly recommend doing a workshop... good for the soul!