Thursday 21 May 2020

Thursday Thank yous


Following on from the batch I shared on Tuesday... the next batch were even cleaner and simpler... as I made 30 of these for the admins of the Supplies for Key Workers (Harrogate) Facebook Group to hand out to their key donators and delivery personnel. "Thanking it on" as I call it!

This group are amazing at co-ordinating the efforts of people, donations, fundraising, sourcing materials and the logistical arrangements (made even more difficult in the non-essential travel arena)... and I feel blessed to be a small part of the cumulative efforts it is achieving... as the old saying goes "Together we can achieve anything!" Well pretty much!
And the crafters, bakers & donators in us are certainly being able to play our part - be it sewing, papercrafts, knitting, crocheting, jewellery etc etc etc. Be it scrubs, laundry bags, masks & holders, cards, sweet treats, cakes, handwash or moisturising cream to name but a few items... all to make key workers lives that bit easier... and to help fill in some key resource gaps that are occurring...

But the tears also keep coming... not only do I find it overwhelming at what has been achieved so far ... but especially when staff at the hospital who cared for my mum last year (and that I saw day in day out for months) pop onto the group page to say thanks for the donations they have received... important all round I reckon...

No comments: