Sunday 30 August 2020

Shiny Slimline card for Sunday aka Evergreen Forest #3


Or should I say Wrapped in Christmas with Evergreen Forest  #3... though I don't think these photos do this card justice....

Now the main feature of this card was actually a bit of a mistake! I wanted to highlight the front trees... and decide that my trusty Wink of Stella glitter pen was the tool for the job...

But it hadn't been used for a long while... and so it was running a bit dry... so I gave it a good squeeze... and out loads popped straight onto my embossed panel!! So I swooshed it all around (just using the Winkie brush tip) and out those 3 front trees popped! Amazing!
And finished off with a few of the new Adhesive Backed Snowflakes ...

All set on a Slimline Card... which are "all the rage" at the moment....

This used to be called an A6L card (or A6 long in full) back in the day... Two from a piece of A4 card ... just in the other orientation!  Cut your A4 card in half (ie Landscape at 14.8cm) and then score in half (ie Portrait at 7.4cm)

And before I go... I do have to note the amount of experimentation I seem to be doing nowadays...
(Very sadly) Gone are the days of creating projects for and running face to face classes... so I can afford the time to just play... try things out... and for things to go wrong... as indeed they do!

And as I always say... we actually learn a lot more from our mistakes than we do from getting everything "right" all the time... which is my excuse for sharing all my mistakes with you....

Or as my (or rather Joseph Chilton Pearce's) favourite craft saying says...
Just SO true!

And here are the full Evergreen Forest  with Wrapped in Christmas trio... though rest assured I haven't put the embossing folder away yet... 
Scroll back 2 days/posts for the other two...

4 comments:

jane stillman said...

Another super card using the Evergreen Forest and what a happy accident it was - gorgeous. I used to say to my boys 'No-one can be right all of the time' lol

Amanda said...

Thank you Jane... and yes so true!

Christine said...

Beautiful. No one would know it started with an accident.. .

Amanda said...

Thanks Christine... and yes yup the accident certainly made everything pop so much more! I would have been far too subtle with the Wink of Stella otherwise!