Wednesday 19 August 2020

Wednesday Wow - Stamped One Sheet Wonder

So last Wednesday I watched a video! And I watched it to the end... and I was very inspired! And so I made these... which I love so much that I didn't even finish popping the onto card blanks before I had to share with you....

And I know that many of you will be surprised at those words... as I am self-confessed video tutorial hater... yes we still truly exist! But maybe I have now (finally) seen though a little crack in my armour!!!
So a huge thanks to the lovely Ruth Trice, fellow UK demonstrator for her Zoom demonstration on the Stamped One Sheet Wonder technique (otherwise now also dubbed Split Cards Technique by others) and Liz Hockley, our Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Development Manager who arranged the session...

I was indeed lucky... as on the day... my lunch got delayed for a couple of  reasons... so as I sat down nearly an hour later... the live session popped up on my Facebook feed... so I just watched and listened whilst I ate... and then I was a  hooked... so watched to the end... as - if all had gone to my lunch plan - I would never have seen it...
I was particularly inspired by one of Ruth's samples... in colourways rarely seen on The Craft Spa blog... as  (most of ) my ladies just don't like these hues... but I think you may see more of these whilst I am not running face to face classes... as I just love this combination... warm, cozy and inviting... Love it when the unexpected happens!!
And now maybe I might even try to watch some other video tutorials again... and maybe even try doing one of my own... so please feel free to click here and email any must-watches, tips or format preferences!! Though I have to admit that I will never cope with watching the more waffly and/or drawn out tutorials....! I'd just scuttle back in my hole (as I have done for years!)
And I do have to laugh as I never thought I would use that cabbage rose from Healing Hugs... but it was perfect for this technique... So a third unexpected happening... In fact Healing Hugs had had a real good work out on this set...

And come back tomorrow for more details on this set of cards... as I have waffled on long enough for one day!
And a final admittance... Ruth has cost me a lot of money... as I have now spotted gorgeous flowers sets in the Annual Catalogue that my eyes had just never seen.. and this technique is just such fun... so I can't resist! For investigation purposes only you understand...


6 comments:

jane stillman said...

This post really did make me giggle because I know exactly what you mean about You Tube, I used to be exactly the same! I also agree that there are tons of people who just waffle on and on and I just have to come away! Yesterday was definitely meant to happen the way it did and I so look forward to your post tomorrow. Take care

Amanda said...

Thanks Jane... and glad you laughed too... I do still like to laugh at myself luckily!

VeeCee said...

So glad you stayed to watch the video, your sheet is gorgeous. I've been watching g Ruth for a while now as she is a master of painting with stamps. Each time I watch in awe as she puts shapes and colours together.
Amanda you have done such a great job with your sbeet, I've not had thecourage to have a go get. Mainly because I'm unsure of finding substitute stamp sets in my stash etc. You are a great example, thank you.

Amanda said...

Thanks VeeCee...and yes Ruth is a master...
And I say just go and try it! Too much fun with one sheet of card not to try! And I am sure you will find plenty of suitable stamps when you look... I had loads in my current stash and I haven't been buying flower and leaves for quite a while! Have fun!

artfulstampin said...

Just found this blog post, how wonderful, glad you enjoyed my tutorial.

Amanda said...

I certainly did Ruth... and so did a lot of ladies I know... So thank you again for your mastery with this technique... Hope you are keeping well... cant wait till we can meet again at some event somewhere!