Saturday 11 March 2017

Watercolour Pencils #2 - Colour Blending

Another quick and simple card from my Watercolor Pencils Introduction class...   I am truly having great fun for this class and am loving coming up with different ideas on how to use your pencils... a real value investment in a box....

But wait... there is no purple colour pencil in the Watercolor Pencils box...
So instead... take your Pacific Point and Rich Razzleberry pencils and shade over each other before adding your water to blend them out... and this is what you get...

It will of course be different every time depending on how much of each colour you add... and what base you use ( I used Watercolor Paper with my Aqua Painter here) but these Helping Me Grow flowers are perfect for practicing a bit of blending... as the differences make the flower heads look all the more realistic...
And please ignore the "smidge"... I really should always take my photos before my classes...

And some Bonus Tips for you....

(1) I cut my Watercolor Paper down into 2" squares... that way I get 6 panels from each sheet... plenty to play around with... and a great size for making up into a small square card (10.5cm Square - or 4 1/8" [alternitavely 4 1/4" Square from US standard card size!])

(2) I used Memento Black ink as these stamps are photopolymer... and left the stamped panel a short while to dry just in case! Or dried off with the aid of a heat gun in class.... though I would always use Staz On black ink for watercolouring with rubber (ie wood or clear mount) I could also have used Archival Black ink... but again I would make sure things had dried just in case!

(3) in case you don't spot... the flowers are stamped to the bottom right corner of the Wisteria Wonder panel using Wisteria Wonder ink...

No comments: