Monday 20 July 2020

Monday mess up(s)!

So when I posted this Field of Flowers card on Friday... I didn't own up to the full story... 

As that card was the first in a series of boo boos that produced this card! Which sadly ended up destined for the bin!!

So Friday's card was a rookie error... I unintentionally left the aperture mask on whilst I created the sponged grassy meadow! So I then took the mask off... and sponged over the whole area as intended... but of course the circular element still shone through!! Boo Boo no. 1...
But then I thought... I could add some "out of the frame" interest as is my way! So out came the large square card (14cm/5 1/2" Square).. and using the stamped panel as a guide... I stamped the silhouette image off to the right and to the left... but my lining up was... rubbish!! Boo Boo no. 2...

So ... never to be defeated.... I overstamped the image more...  above on the one side and below on the other... so adding depth and covering up my multi level boo boo! Yup... I can get away with that! And perfect for a birthday card for a friend and customer that I needed to get in the post 5 minutes later...

And then it happened... Boo Boo no. 3... I dropped the ink pad on the card! Muchso expletives I can assure you! So my friend got a card from my stash instead...
And this card hit the bin... but I am sure you can get the idea off what it should have looked like...

And this is the inside... a multi layered stamping of the leafy image... so as to make my cover up of Boo Boo no 2 seem more intended!

2 comments:

pderue said...

Thanks for sharing. I am glad I am not the only one to make booboo's-and drop the ink pad on a project or touch my project with inky fingers. Have a good day. Think positive and test negative.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the words of mutual support! I do recommend a "sand eraser" for getting rid of lots of my inky boo boos! But this card was terminal! I couldn't even chop it down to a smaller square to salvage it!