Saturday 15 March 2014

Double Tri Shutter Album using Soho Subway – or alternatively, Bridesmaid! And WWWU #8 too!

Soho Subway Double Tri Shutter Mini Book, Quad Fold, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa (2)

Last Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited to a fellow demo friend’s house for a days crafting session along with other fellow demos , lunch, cake and on the day…sun!! We couldn’t believe that were all able to sit outside for lunch..it was glorious…. Thanks to Liz, Karen, Elaine & Sarah for such a truly truly lovely day with a great bunch of like minded & gifted ladies!! And Phoebe too of course!!! Can’t wait to share what they had prepared for me too!!! Such fabulous projects…..

We had decided that we would run the day Shoe Box Style ( or as it subsequently became known….. Show Box Style!! I love it when a typo makes sense…. ) – we all pre-made a project and took all the necessary supplies and tools for the others to all make that project on the day.

Soho Subway Double Tri Shutter Mini Book, Quad Fold, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa (5)

I had always intended to take a Scallop Tag Topper Punch project… as I am clearly besotted with the punch… and have lots and lots more to share using it!!

But then I had to find a couple of cards to post out from my Stock Cards Box…. and a project I made 4-5 years ago was soon in my hand… demanding a remake & re-share! And so I quickly changed my mind…and here is the Double Tri Shutter project we all made. Suitable as either a mini album.. or a very Fancy Fold card! Definitely not as complicated as it looks ( and luckily everyone agreed with me…phew!)

Soho Subway Double Tri Shutter Mini Book, Quad Fold, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa (3)

You will notice that the inside is very …umm… plain…. Now that was totally intentional…. honest!!! Firstly , they only had a limited time to complete the project. Secondly, I wasn’t sure what I intended to actually use mine for…. And thirdly, I didn’t have any time to find any photos in any case!!! My change of mind was rather last minute!!!! I now think mine will be used as a Fathers Day card for my Dad this year…so it may yet re-appear here with more decoration…….

And then I realised that the colours used were actually the combination for this week’s team WWWU colour challenge too – and so my submission was made! Who would have thought that… couldn’t have planned it better myself!!

Fancy making this yourself? Well here is the link to the Tutorial by ScrapThat that I used all those years ago…..

And here is the original Double Tri Shutter Wedding Card/Album that we made in class all those years ago. All of the stamps and Bridesmaid papers that I used are now not available…. but I thought this version was worth sharing too. Cleaner… More stamping… Less Paper… A completely different look….. Shame it has got a big inky smudge on the top left though!!!

Bridesmaid Double Tri Shutter Mini Book, Quad Fold, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa  (5)Bridesmaid Double Tri Shutter Mini Book, Quad Fold, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa  (2)Bridesmaid Double Tri Shutter Mini Book, Quad Fold, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa  (1)

SU! Supplies Used

Stamps – Postage Due, Loving Thoughts

DSP - Soho Subway

Embellishments - Ribbon Chevron Island Indigo

Ink Pads – Island Indigo

Markers – Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Canteloupe

Cardstock - Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla

2 comments:

Anne said...

Wow that's brilliant Amanda. Love it. Not sure what my class would make of it if I was to try it with them. :-) x

Kate M said...

My - this is fabulous - I've never done a double tri-shutter, this is great - i love the original version too!!
xx