Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Happy Watercolor Get Well Card for WWWU #7

WWWU #7, Happy Watercolor, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa 001 (2)

Last week’s Team Color Challenge set by Julie Wade – or WWWU for  short – was for Crisp Canteloupe, Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals and Gumball Green.

Now this combination presented an enormous challenge for  me – but the end result was much better than expected….. though a version did get binned!!

WWWU #7, Happy Watercolor, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa 001 (1)

I had just found out that a very close family friend had unexpectedly spent a week in hospital – and that she had just come home – so I needed to get a card off in the post tout suite. So a quick combination of 2 of my card-making challenges that day – and here you have it! And funnily enough – when I finished – I realised that she loves the coral/pinky end of the colour spectrum – so it was perfect for her…. thank you again Julie!

All of the stamped images are from the new Happy Watercolor stamp set… I just strategically placed the flower so that the flower spray looked like leaves…..

The poppy was stamped three times using black Staz On, and coloured in using Primrose Petals ink &  the “splat…” stamp from the Happy Watercolor set… Then 1 was cut out whole and the other  2 as selective petals … and finally all layered up on top of each other. Then I just added a small amount of black using my blender pen to the centre of the flower for extra definition….

And so what of the version that got binned…… I had used the multi dots image that is also in the Happy Watercolor stamp set for the background/card base… Well it would have been perfect for someone with chicken pox!! But not for this ailment!!!

SU! Supplies Used

Stamps – Happy Watercolor, Four You, A Dozen Thoughts

Inks - Crisp Canteloupe, Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals and Gumball Green

Card – Crisp Canteloupe, Primrose Petals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...