Here is another version of the Box Card using the So Very Grateful stamp set this time… but for all of you that don’t like fussy cutting…. don’t attempt the final decorating of this one!! Go back to this one instead!This was one of my submissions to the Team WWWU challenge last week – the colours being Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Crumb Cake & Bermuda Bay.
I prefer the slightly deeper layering that I have on this ….so the measurements for the papers shared here will produce paper decoration that looks like this!!
So here are some quick tips for decorating a Tag Topper Box Card for which I shared a tutorial yesterday. Hopefully this will save you the time I first spent fiddling about somewhat unsuccessfully with small pieces of paper!! Poor little box card sat there for 2 weeks on my craft desk before I had a re-think and returned to finish decorating it with more success….
So first the box base sides. Easy enough….
Cut your paper into a 5.9cm strip,then cut into three 4 1/2cm pieces & stick! (Imperial- 2 1/4” strip & cut into three 1 3/4” pieces)
Next the box flaps.
This is where I came unstuck…. I first tried punching 4 1/2 cm square pieces of paper…too hard! I then tried popping the pieces of paper onto a post it note so that I had something to hold onto to put the paper into the punch….mixed success! And then the Eureka moment…..
1. Cut your paper into 2 pieces 9cm long x 4 1/2 cm wide. (Imperial– 3 1/2” long x 1 3/4” wide)
2. Pop each end into the Punch, centre and punch.
3. Fold the paper in half
4. Sand the top outer scallops to curve & match those scallop edge to the flaps of your box. This is a fabulous little trick to create matching layers that I picked up from the wonderful Connie Stewart here . She has a video there for you too….
5. Open up & cut along the score line
6. (OPTIONAL) Push ribbon through slot in paper & card flap now or add ribbon bows later
7. Adhere your 4 paper pieces to the flaps.
And finally the back of the Box Card.
Outer coloured mat is 4.5 x 9.3cm. Inner White panel is 4 x 8.8cm (Imperial… Coloured mat. 1 3/4” x 3 5/8”. White panel 1 1/2” x 3 3/8”)
And some more views of this version….
SU! Supplies Used
Stamps – So Very Grateful; Perfect Banners;Petite Pairs
Punches – Scalloped Tag Topper Punch; 1” Circle; 1 1/4 Scallop Circle
Papers – Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Card & Inks – Crumb Cake; Coastal Cabana; Real Red; Bermuda Bay
Embellishments – Stitched 1/4” Grosgrain Real Red