As promised yesterday ...here is a tutorial to make the Tag Punch Double Flap Large Square Card……and another version of the card . This is a card I had to quickly make to send for a couple just about to take their vows……
As I tidied away my craft desk from earlier “play-sessions!” I discovered a few things that just begged to be put together and used!
1. my prototype Tag Punch Double Flap Large Square Card. Having seen loads of standard size A6 cards around the internet - and having made one at last months Team Training too – I just had to work out the sizings for a larger square card. I shared the first one I made for our Team WWWU Colour Challenge yesterday – but still laying there was my original stab at it!
Edited To Add…. I have spent some time tracking back to find the originator of this wonderful closure idea… one that has been much CASED around the world!!… and I believe it was the superb idea of the uber-talented Jenni Pauli in Germany… see her wonderful first card version here. Thank you so much for having the idea and sharing with us all Jenni…!
2. a cut-out ampersand from the new Ampersand embossing folder ( I am SO glad I bought this folder… a lot of WOW for a little cost!)
3. left over cut out So Very Grateful flowers from My Tag Topper Box Card
4. my Fresh Prints stack… and an unopened reel of Chevron Ribbon…..
A quick stamping and colouring of the flowers with my trusty marker pens… and here you have it…. only problem was that I liked it so much…I had to then make another!! Well I had to have one to photo and share… didn’t I…?
And here is how you can make your own Tag Punch Double Flap Large Square Card…… oh what a mouthful that is!!! Anyone care to offer a shorter name!!!???
CS Crumb Cake A4L (297mm) x 148mm
CS Coastal Cabana 103 x 143mm; 45 x 143mm
DSP 40 x 138mm; 98 x 138mm
Ribbon Chevron Blushing Bride x 15”
1. With Crumb Cake panel LANDSCAPE, Score at 13cm
2. Mark centre point of each narrower side (ie at 74mm)
3. With the mark to the underside, push a narrower side “over the top” into the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
4. Turn punch upside down & line up the mark in the centre of the punch
5. Punch & Repeat steps 3-4 for the other side
6. With the wider section to the RHS, place the LHS of the punched tag shape to line up with the groove in the trimmer
7. Score down the whole length
8. Cut off the 2 end sections/shoulders
(TIP – you can feel the blade drop into the groove where the section ends/starts)
9. Flip 180 degrees & cut off the 2 end sections on the other side
10. Bone Fold the score lines
11. Decorate as required!
SU! Supplies Used
Stamps – Sweet Essentials; So Very Grateful
Punches & Big Shot Products – Scalloped Tag Topper Punch; Ampersand embossing folder
Papers – Fresh Prints Stack
Ribbon – Chevron Ribbon Blushing Bride
Card & Inks – Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Pink Pirouette