Friday, 24 November 2017
What's in Your Wardrobe....? And the Tutorial...
So back to my wardrobe... though I think that my regular blog readers will already know this year's answer!
click here for that variant using Card Front Builder dies instead of the embossed white trees...
And I do so wish that I could share the glittery sparkle on this card better ... as that is what really sets this all off to Narnia perfection!!
Want to make one for yourself ... well here you go! And apologies for the laughing heard around these parts for one of the later steps in the how to make a more Narnia-esque lamp!
Thick Whisper White A4L x 16.5cm H (US Letter 11" x 6 1/2")
Paper 28.1 x 12cm H (US 10 1/4" x 4 3/4")
Lamppost - Basic Black card 2.5 x 14.8cm (US 1" x 5 1/2")
Lamp Glass - Vellum 2 x 4cm (US 3/4" x 1 1/2")
Doors - Thick Whisper White x A5 (ie 14.8 x 21cm)(US 5 1/2" x 8 1/2")
Stamps - Lovely as a Tree; Snowflake Sentiments
Dies - Christmas Lamppost; Hearth & Home; Seasonal Layers
Paper - Christmas Around the World
Punch - 1 1/2" Circle Punch
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter & Glimmer Paper
Wink of Stella Clear
Stampin' Blends marker - dark Daffodil Delight
Craft Spa directions
Making your card
1. Large A4L (US 11 x 6 1/2") Whisper White panel LANDSCAPE
2. Score at 7.4cm from both sides (US 2 3/4")
3. Valley bone fold both score lines
Decorating the little scene
4. Mark bottom of paper at 6.9cm & 21.2 cm (US 2 1/2" & 7 3/4")
5. Ink up & stamp tallest Tranquil Tide trees up from those marks
(a) avoid stamping the ground level part of the image onto the paper
(b) "second stamp" a smaller tree to the side whilst you are it... ie stamp a second smaller tree without re-inking the stamp... so that you get a faded tree in the background
(c) Always Artichoke inked trees also looks nice... hence the sample card shared here yesterday...
6. Continue stamping and second stamping green trees as desired...
7. Swoosh with your embossing buddy
8. Ink up & stamp Versamark trees and white emboss...
9. Add glue & liberally cover with Dazzling Diamonds glitter
10. Leave paper panel to dry for a while! Otherwise you will have very gluey/glittery fingers, card and worktop!!!!
Making the Doors
11. Die cut 4 x Heart & Home windows
12. Make into doors as shown here...
13. Die cut a Seasonal Layers large snowflake in Foil (Champagne Foil used here) and pull the small circles out from the waste to add as door knobs... I just use a really really tiny drop of Tombow and add the circle on top...
Making a more Narnia-esque lamp
14. Colour vellum with dark Daffodil Delight and die cut (that's the 3 plant pot flat looking die!!)
15. Die cut other Basic Black Lamppost parts... hopefully this picture will paint a 1000 words... for the bits to cut... and the next few assembly steps (16-22)...
17. Apply glue very sparingly to back of black lamp and pop onto the lamp glass
18. Tiny dab of glue onto the centre of the 3 prong twirly/ partial bit and stick lamp on top
19. Trim off the 2 side arms at bottom of base
20. Tiny dab of glue onto top of lamppost & stick lamp on top
21. Tinier dab of glue about 1cm (US 3/8") down the lamppost & stick cross-member on top
22. Crop the cross-member to the left (LOL!!! Maybe I should say cross-piece... nah... leaving it so some of you can have a laugh too... ! Though I did change the word trim to crop and put the cross- back in the member...!!! So glad this is not in video format... )
23.. Cut Landscape paper panel down to 6.9 cm and 14.3 cm (aka 6.9cm from either side) (US 2 1/2" & 7 3/4" - aka 2 1/2" from each side)
24. Adhere to inside of card
25. Ink up & stamp Black greetings
26. Adhere punched Glimmer circle & Lamppost...