As these cards are destined for husbands rather than for general circulation... So "black", red and white is really the only way to go!
ree with a £45 order during SaleABration)
I always find that the menfolk like a fairly monochrome card... though a Valentine card without red would seem strange! And a card that moves, pops or generally does something interesting!!
Though looking at the photos you can't actually see the aperture... with the invisible thread! It looks more like a grey heart behind the red/white heart!
Craft Spa Recipe
Thick Whisper White 10.5cm x A4L (US* 4 1/4" x 10 1/2"
Papers 9.9 x 9.3cm (US * 4" x 3 1/4")
Inks - Real Red, Gray Granite
Stamps - Meant To Be , Family Party
Dies - Sweet & Sassy (retired) (alternatively use Stitched Be Mine dies OR the new Heart Punch Pack in a differently shaped aperture)
Punch - Classic Label
Invisible Thread x 9cm
* Please note that the US dimensions are the nearest converted equivalent using US 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock... Please use cm measurements with A4 card)
Craft Spa Tutorial
1. Score LANDSCAPE White card panel at 9.9cm (US* 3 1/2") from either side
2. Mountain Fold both scorelines
3. Line top paper onto front/top face of card and die cut aperture through both layers at same time
4. Ink up, stamp and die cut/punch greetings
5. Adhere thread above and below aperture on front (Tip- use your Grid paper to get things straight!)
6. Adhere papers to cover glue for thread
7. Turn front/top face of card over and place white heart (back face) under thread and stick in position with tape
8. Adhere red heart over back
9. Adhere all parts (Note that the HUSBAND is adhered using mini Stampin Dimensionals)