Saturday 22 August 2015

Woodland Comfort & Joy

 
So this is the second post in my Woodland series.

This time I have inked up the Woodland embossing folder with Smoky Slate before I have embossed the trees... definitely a favourite technique with this folder.
Not sure which way to ink the folder to get the effect you want? A tip for you! When I get a new folder  - I just ink both sides - put one piece of card in - emboss - then stand back to admire the effects on both sides of the card - trialling two effects in one pass!
And another tip for you - I used to get the baby wipes out to clean my inked embossing folders - now I have a quicker way - I just take a few steps to the sink and rinse it under the tap! Simples...
And this card is finished off with yet more greetings and hanging stars in the Holly Jolly Greetings set

But I will let you into a secret... I wasn't going to get the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set that is in a bundle with the Christmas Greetings Thinlits dies... but I am SO SO glad I did! It takes a while to get it all ready as there are so many stamps to assemble....but it is SO worth it...

And I have now also found a way to use up every single sliver of Whisper White cardstock in my scraps bag! See the WISHING YOU and COMFORT & JOY... well my narrowest scraps are now proving very useful!!

No comments: