Friday, 5 February 2016

Fancy Fold Friday Tutorial - A6 Box Frame Card

Remember this card... at the time I said I was having a final tweak with the Box Frame element before I published a tutorial... and finally yesterday... I finished off what I started !
But before I start... don't forget that there are only 11 more days to go for the featured Sky's The Limit stamp set... and it is your for free too (with a £45 Stampin' Up! order)... 15th February is the last day to order.... So please don't delay...
And a background explanation to my thoughts first...

Don't know about you...but I quite often find that I have a lovely standard sized card all ready to go but it is just not special enough for my recipient at the time! So this is a Box Frame specially sized to fit an A6 card panel...

So now...  you can come to a class and make a standard quick and easy A6 card... and then come back home... quickly make up a Box Frame... pop the card panel in... and have a special card all ready to go...
So the A6 Box Frame Card tutorial for you today... There are a few more versions to come... including the one for a standard US size 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" panel...

Shadow Box Frame Card Tutorial – A6 panel with 1cm Box Sides and Top

Start off with a 25 x 20.7cm piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock cut from a piece of A4 card...  

1. Score at 1, 2, 3 and 4 cm on all 4 sides. 
Tip  - start with the short side (ie with the card panel PORTRAIT) 
clip_image006
clip_image008
2. With the panel LANDSCAPE - make an “extra short score” at 5cm & 20cm from top to 2ndscore-line down .
 clip_image010
3. Turn 180 degrees and repeat (2)clip_image012
4. Cut up these extra score lines and diagonally across to the 3rd score lineclip_image014
clip_image016
5. Cut out the “16-bit” sections/squares at each cornerclip_image018
clip_image020

clip_image022
6. Bone fold all score-linesclip_image024
8. Apply glue to folded side of outer-most sections on all 4 sides 
NOTE - I now use my trusty Tombow on the straight sides – applying a bead onto the base of the frame next to the inner scoreline  -which works a treat – no wet glue on my fingers as I roll the section around and over… 
clip_image026
9. Apply Tear & Tape OR Sticky Strip across back of 4 diagonal sections clip_image028
9. Assemble straight sides first.  Remove part of red protective coverclip_image032
10. Line up outer edge to inner score-line at that end & press down flat to stick. clip_image034
11. Line up outer edge to inner score line at other end & pull out rest of red protective cover to stick. Now your box section should pop up … nice and square and straight!!clip_image036
12. Repeat for other straight edgeclip_image038
13. Now onto the 2 notched ends …. Repeat process for the 2 straight sides BUT…. and this is the MOST important TIP…. Remove red protective cover on the 2 small diagonals and cover with some longer lengths of scrap red protective coverclip_image040
14. Fold the straight edge down as before & glue into placeclip_image042
15. Then push the sides up & over the square/box side sections, get the mitres/diagonals in place & then pull the red protective cover out (concentrating on one corner at a time!)clip_image044
clip_image046
16. Repeat for the other notched side. 

And to finish it off as a LANDSCAPE card that opens and closes – cut a 25.4 x 17cm THICK Whisper White panel - scored in half LANDSCAPE at 12.7cm - to the back.

Now I think I will need to work out an envelope size too! Back on that another day...
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa

I hope that you enjoyed this project.

Please use the current Stampin Rewards Host Code (shown at the top right hand side of this blog) when ordering through my on-line store to earn yourself an extra gift for SU! orders over £25. ( excluding P&P)

Though if your SU! order is over £150 - then please don't use this code! Please claim your own Stampin' Rewards instead... You will still get a gift from me...!

Any such gifts are from me personally and will be posted separately to your Stampin' Up! order... so PLEASE do NOT select NO CONTACT when checking out... as I then do not know who - or where- you are ...