Thursday 28 June 2018

3D Thursday... Tutorial for new Lidded Box for Tag Topper Concertina Card

So I came to package my Share What You Love Tag Topper Punch Concertina card that I posted here... and realised a few things...

The Crumb Cake medium envelopes I had used previously are no longer available... though the card would actually fit in a standard C6 envelope... but the sizing is not as perfect...
Not all the ladies coming to the class had an Envelope Punch Board that I had used to create the box envelopes before... But click here for the Tutorial for the Box for the double-folded card version (ie as per the way the card is folded closed here)... OR click here for the 1" deep box for a single folded card version with lots of embellishing... and here for the 3/4" deep box for a single-folded card version (better for UK postage)
I have three ladies that seriously LOVE the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit box as shown below... so that inspired me to make a version but sized specifically for this card... and I think it worked out pretty well...
Though I have to admit that I was going to create a double-sided version...but then I remembered that it was the first box and lid for 2 of them... so I kept it as simple as possible... but this way I can also make 2 from a piece of 12x12... whereas the double-sided version would have meant a full sheet of 12x12 paper for each box...

Now doesn't that just make the most special of cards... and presentation...
Now as you can see I originally made one on a Rich Razzleberry base (as that matched the original inspirational box more...) but I switched to a Crumb Cake base for those girls that don't like their pinks...
And so here is the Tutorial... for my US readers... note that the inches measurements are a literal/nearest conversion from centimetres ... and untested... so I am not sure how "tight" the box & lid will end up...

Craft Spa Recipe
A4 Card Rich Razzleberry OR Crumb Cake 17.5 x 14.5cm (6 7/8" x 5 3/4")
Share What You Love Papers 16.2 x 13.2cm (6 3/8" x 5 1/4")
A4 Thick Whisper White card 10.5 x 14.8cm (US Letter 4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

Craft Spa Tutorial
1. Score cardstock panel at 2 cm (3/4") all round
2. Bone Fold
3. Dart score lines on 2 opposing narrower sides 
4. Fold over 4 corner flaps and apply glue to top face
5. Adhere 4 flaps to sides to form the box/base

6. Score paper panel at 1.2cm (1/2") all round
7. Bone Fold
8. Dart score lines on 2 opposing narrower sides 
9. Fold over 4 corner flaps and apply glue to top face
10. Adhere 4 flaps to sides WHILST ON THE BASE to form the lid

11. Die cut the 2 Whisper White ovals
13. Ink up & stamp Rich Razzleberry greeting
14. Adhere to each other and to lid

No comments: