Friday 10 August 2018

Broadway Bound Dandelion Wishes Peekaboo Gatefold Card

Thought I would just try a couple of things whilst the Dandelion Wishes was still out...

Back in the day when I first made a dandelion head from the Balloon Celebrations set... I was inspired to do so because of some Sale A Bration papers we had at the time... click here for the details for that share from over 3 years ago... though sadly I didn't share a pictorial at the time... but I know there are lots of videos and tutorials out there by others...
So I thought I would go back around the creative circle by stamping the seed heads on some paper... and Broadway Bound colouring seemed like the obvious way to go... stamped in Staz On so as to ensure it stays on over the foiled dots!

And I have to add that I am SO happy that my lovely Staz On came back into Store... still my most used Black ink overall... and I do so love the smell!!! Think almonds...
And I tweaked the A6 Peekaboo card... just ever so slightly... so this version is less precise on the measurements needed for prepping and in class use... and so will probably become my Go To version...
So Craft Spa Recipe for A6 Tweaked Peekaboo Card
A4 card 14.8 x 19cm
Paper 14.3 x 4cm (x2)
Inside Mat 14.3 x 9.5cm 
Ribbon x 11" (28cm)

Card Tutorial
1. LANDSCAPE (ie long side along top bar) on trimmer.
2. Score 4.5 cm from either side (ie score 4.5cm, turn 180 degrees, score 4.5cm)
3. Bone Fold (the stronger your bone folding the better!!!)
4. Decorate as necessary

Note that I use Tear n Tape for sticking the bow... I find it stronger than using glue dots... and therefore the overall closure stays down better.... Though (with hindsight & thinking out loud) using 2 glue dots would probably work as well!!


All finished off with the greeting and random seed heads on the inside... 
Which can just be seen when the card is closed for extra interest...
And difficult to see in the photo... but a Metallic Silver Pearl finishes off the centre of the head... note that the pack contains both silver and gold pearls...

No comments: