Saturday 6 October 2018

Simple on Saturday - Beautiful Blue Blizzard

My lovely friend, fellow demonstrator and teamie Kate Martin CASEd these Beautiful Blizzard cards of mine shared here... and she die cut some blue (non SU!) foil snowflakes.... which gave me an idea....

And I had pulled together my 20 Shimmer Paint Uses document... which in turn made me create my little Pool Party Shimmery Stampin Spot... both of which you can find by clicking here...
Put these 2 ideas together and this is what you get... though I do have to admit that I should have made a Balmy Blue Shimmer Stampin Spot as then the colours would have all gone together better! Job for another day!

So thank you Kate for inspiring the blue snowflake twist to my card... which I achieved simply by colouring in my die cut snowflakes with my Night of Navy Stampin Blends - some in Dark and some in Light to get the 2 shades....
But a quick note... colouring in all the foil panel before die-cutting wouldn't work so well!! The Blends work well on a small area such as one snowflake but not a large area... as they tend to "split"

And oh! There is a 3rd twist to this card variation... I used Frost White Shimmer Paint for the random snowflakes on the Night of Navy card blank... instead of the Champagne Mist used previously...

Wonder if you can see the difference... Champagne shimmer and sparkle to left and Frost White pearlescent sheen to right...

No comments: