Friday 11 October 2019

Concertina Box Card incorporating Stitched Stars

So there is a story behind this box card...

But before I start... Stock update!! The Feels Like Frost papers are back into stock to order!! I don't think they will be in stock to order for very long though...

And when I ordered last night... the featured Brightly Gleaming papers were on back order... but orderable again! Which means they will just arrive separately in a few weeks time... unless they go unorderable before you get to order...

So back to today's post...

I was asked to create a "birthday card in a box" for classes as Nicola's younger daughter has complained for the last few years that her older sister has had one than one card in a box... and she hasn't had one!!
I realised that I have created many "card in a box " or "box card" versions over the years... but not one like this!

As I have combined the "old favourite" Tag Topper Punch Concertina Card  (albeit with a reduced number of panels) ... and the box for it to go in... so this is truly a card in a box... as the box is indeed an in-separable part of the card!
And the birthday card is yet to be shared... but we liked it so much we had to make a christmas one too! Featuring Brightly Gleaming, Stitched Stars and Merry Christmas To All...
So what do you think? Worthy of a tutorial at some point?  Edited to Add- click here for the Tutorial posted 22 October... 



16 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely yes!! it's really lovely x

Jenny said...

I love this idea. Do you have a tutorial for sale for this? I would love to make it. Thanks so much for sharing.

ali said...

please do a tutorial for this card i would love to make my sister a card in a box for christmas its beautiful

Sue Robinson said...

Fabulous, yes its very worthy of a tutorial

Amanda said...

Thank you and I will see what I can do... as I might get a ‘window’ this week!? fingers crossed....

Amanda said...

Thank you Jenny and I will see what I can do... as I might get a ‘window’ this week!? fingers crossed....

Amanda said...

Thank you Ali and I will see what I can do... as I might get a ‘window’ this week!? fingers crossed....

Amanda said...

Thank you Sue and I will see what I can do... as I might get a ‘window’ this week!? fingers crossed....

Melius 11 said...

Yes please x

Amanda said...

Concertina Box Card Tutorial coming tomorrow to The Craft Spa....

Amanda said...

Hello again Jenny... Concertina Box Card Tutorial coming tomorrow to The Craft Spa....

Amanda said...

Just an update Ali... Concertina Box Card Tutorial coming tomorrow to The Craft Spa....

Amanda said...

Just an update Sue... Concertina Box Card Tutorial coming tomorrow to The Craft Spa....

Amanda said...

Concertina Box Card Tutorial coming tomorrow to The Craft Spa....

ali said...

just wanted to tell you i made the card in a box, i can't believe how easy it was to do your tutorial is so easy to follow, thanks so much amandaxx

Amanda said...

Brilliant Ali... thanks for letting me know the tutorial was good for you...