Tuesday 8 December 2015

Pop Up Festive Fireplace Tea-Light Card by Lisa Jackson

I had a very special moment today... I was emailed details and photos of a card inspired by my Decorated House scene card and tutorial... So I asked and I can share with you too!
The creator is Lisa Jackson - who doesn't have a blog or a Facebook page I can link to - but this is too fantastic a card not to share!
I absolutely love the addition of the pop up tea light fireplace... with the cards (and cat) on the mantelpiece... instead of just been stuck on the wall as my card.... Really nice job Lisa.... you have made my day!! It is an absolutely wonderful feeling to have inspired such a make....
And (as a reminder!) here is my Winter Wonderland that inspired Lisa's make...

Lisa says... and thanks so much for these tips and links Lisa...

Hi Amanda! Here's my version of your card, with a twist. 

When I started, I was just going to change the coloring to make it more 'rustic' colors. 

But I also liked the things I've seen using Tea Lights and what better than to light up a fireplace?!? 

Plus I like making pop-ups. So this is what I ended up with.

I saw a video on dawnsstampinthoughts.net which inspired the fireplace... here is the link to YouTube for it - https://youtu.be/Im3FjPw9WME. I mostly followed her measurements for the opening, where the fire goes, then went from there to figure out the rest, the way I wanted it. 
The mantel & the base came from Karen Burniston's technique for a floating floor. 

It's actually a 'manual' pop-up. It does all fold up to lay flat (with tea light removed) but you have to pull it down to make it stand out. 

Since the flaps are only 2 3/4" using your A4 card tutorial with our 8 1/2" x 11" card, and the window measures 2 3/4" wide too .... I did switch to 12"x12" cardstock and cut it to 12"x 9". Then you score at 3" & 9". You then have a paper border around the window.


3 comments:

Stampaelle said...

I love it !!!!!
Thanks for the sharing.
Sylvie

Amanda said...

Thanks Sylvie - for your comment for Lisa ... Yes it is fabulous... I am so happy I can share....

Anne said...

It's fabulous! Well done Lisa and we'll done Amanda for your wonderful inspiration. Anne x